Rumor: Canucks after young forward who was drafted high

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Its like the Canucks dont watch how the past 15 years worth of cup winners assembled their teams.

This isnt the pre cap era where you could build in free agency or trades... the draft is where you build. Throw money at the best scouts in the world, and stop trading draft picks.
What percentage of the rosters of the last however many cup winners were trade and free agent versus draft

'But picks give you assets to make those trades'

We will see what happens after the draft how this all shapes up

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Holtz ? I can’t think of a fair return thats fits the Devils needs.
McLeod was a first round pick…..Same as Stillman .….
Holtz McLeod Stilman and Blackwood for Demko lol.
I wish …

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Why is their MO looking for highly drafted but underperforming players? Why not just look for players they like using their amateur scouts? Do they not have confidence and bank on the player having untapped potential?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
In order of likelihood imo: Bennett, Reinhart, Kotkaniemi, Zadina, Turcotte, Andersson, Ritchie, Hayton, Lafreniere, Farabee, Mittlestadt, Newhook, Brown, Glass, Vrana (if healthy), Macleod, Holtz, Rossi, and Jarvis. The last 6 names are very unlikely.

I went back to the 2014 draft and included the first half of 1st rounds. Very broad, I know, but I’d be shocked if it involves a player that’s not on this list.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
What a bunch of freaking idiots. How about keeping the damn first round picks in the first place?!!

Gross franchise and even more so the owner

This morning Scott Regehr of CBC Sports even audible sighed several times before he could talk about the latest trade debacle. Thomas Drance looked despondent and just left shaking his head in disbelief

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Why is their MO looking for highly drafted but underperforming players? Why not just look for players they like using their amateur scouts? Do they not have confidence and bank on the player having untapped potential?
It's specifically because they want players who will be ready to contribute at the NHL level within the next year or two. They do not want to build for further out than that. If they decided they wanted players who could contribute by the end of the decade, they'd consequently move Hughes and Pettersson and Demko and completely rebuild.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
What a bunch of freaking idiots. How about keeping the damn first round picks in the first place?!!

Gross franchise and even more so the owner

This morning Scott Regehr of CBC Sports even audible sighed several times before he could talk about the latest trade debacle. Thomas Drance looked despondent and just left shaking his head in disbelief
Drance is an absolute clown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad