Canucks add Weisbrod to Hockey Ops staff

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Oh boy. Buckle up because this guy is bad news. He was fired by Burke because Burke had no clue what he does. Ugh.
He's not going to be running amateur or pro scouting, so who cares? He'll be another guy in a suit sitting in the skybox with Benning and Gilman.

bo2shink*

Oh boy. Buckle up because this guy is bad news. He was fired by Burke because Burke had no clue what he does. Ugh.

I wasn't sure anyone could find a complaint in this hiring, but then the universe steps in and delivers.

I'd like to hear Burke explain what his own job is.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
I wasn't sure anyone could find a complaint in this hiring, but then the universe steps in and delivers.

I'd like to hear Burke explain what his own job is.

Yeah, how could anyone complain about a guy who was part of a management team that tried to give away the #6 overall pick for the right to put O'Reilly on waivers or passed over guys like Hertl, Teravainen, Girgensons, Maatta, etc. to draft Mark Jankowski?

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, how could anyone complain about a guy who was part of a management team that tried to give away the #6 overall pick for the right to put O'Reilly on waivers or passed over guys like Hertl, Teravainen, Girgensons, Maatta, etc. to draft Mark Jankowski?
Really small sample size. Also, he's not being hired to be director of amateur or pro scouting.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Really small sample size. Also, he's not being hired to be director of amateur or pro scouting.

That O'Reilly screwup should pretty much be grounds for never working in hockey ops again.

bo2shink*

Can you please explain what input he had into this. Just an question, honestly.

Fire Gilman.

bo2shink*

Why don't you name 5 head pro scouts off the top of your head

I can name 10. But still, touche.

I KNOW that scouting is important. I assume you do as well. But to pre-panic thinking this position is now the end is comical. But sure, it 'sounds' important. See, I am not what role he is playing in this mgmt group so I don't wet my bed seeing the signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad