Confirmed with Link: Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov for a 2024 5th and 2026 3rd.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Not sure what all the excitement is. Zadorov is a good #5 D. You would think we acquired prime Shea Weber the way people are talking about this trade.

That being said… where does he fit when Soucy comes back? Tocchett has shown a bit of a reluctance to play D on their offsides.

• Haha
Reactions: lawrence and dwarf

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Seems to me that every team in the league has injuries on their blueline and is looking for immediate help. I can't believe that Zadorov couldn't have helped any of those teams even if he was a fifth d-man in Calgary.

And those teams must be chafing at the bit knowing that all he cost the Canucks was a fifth rounder and a third rounder three drafts into the future. Peanuts really.

But around the league there's just a lot of teams in salary cap hell.....and in order to trade for Zadorov, they would have needed Calgary to retrain salary. And that was a non-starter in Cowtown.

So Allvin got a leg up on the rest of the league by dumping Beauvillier's $4.2m salary on Hawks with no retention. And got a fifth rounder to boot--which was part of the Zadorov deal.

When was the last time you could say that a Canucks GM basically schooled the rest of the league?

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
First impressions of character (and Calgary fans' comments) are good, hopefully with Gonchar and Foote he'll fit into the team and be an affordable keeper.

Reactions: Indiana

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Not sure what all the excitement is. Zadorov is a good #5 D. You would think we acquired prime Shea Weber the way people are talking about this trade.

That being said… where does he fit when Soucy comes back? Tocchett has shown a bit of a reluctance to play D on their offsides.
Wait what !!??? I thought we got Russian shea Weber !!!

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The Flames never made a contract offer:

That may or may not be true (it's not unusual to have a lot of discussions before an actual offer is put on the table). But assuming that's true, sounds like Zadorov is just being honest. He's tested free agency before and ended up back in Calgary. He might as well abandon a sinking shape if the Flames aren't looking to re-sign him.

Calgary's poor start also reportedly put a stop on all contract negotiations with the team's pending UFAs. Before the pause the priority was Backlund then Hanifin then Tanev.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
When Soucy gets back into the lineup, the Canucks will have gone from being one of the smaller, less physical bluelines in the league to one of the biggest.

I mean three guys 6'5" - 6'7" who're mobile and physical, transforms the bottom d-pairings. Not a co-incidence that Tocchet had Myers and Zadorov out there in the last minute to try and nurse home a one-goal lead.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
When Soucy gets back into the lineup, the Canucks will have gone from being one of the smaller, less physical bluelines in the league to one of the biggest.

I mean three guys 6'5" - 6'7" who're mobile and physical, transforms the bottom d-pairings. Not a co-incidence that Tocchet had Myers and Zadorov out there in the last minute to try and nurse home a one-goal lead.

i do wish tocchet would realize that zaddy + myers aren’t the same thing as the samuelsson bros though

1701633088012.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad