Confirmed with Link: Canucks Acquire Derek Dorsett

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Played for Desjardins in junior so an obvious connection there. He was an assistant captain in Columbus and had 12 goals and 235PIMs there in his best season

I like this move because its adding toughness that can play. Hes a good skater that hits hard and will fight anyone but most importantly he can kill penalties if needed

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Really just a lateral move compared to Weise...who we got a 5th round for. Not angry at Dorsett I think it's a good move, but for a 3rd get my spider senses tingly

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Why did we not just sign a fourth line guy for a mil and keep the third round pick?.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
IMO, Dorsett is a more consistent energy guy. Weise may have been a more complete plaster, though. As a fourth liner with grit and experience, we could do worse.

Slashy McSlewfoot

Aug 17, 2005
Why did we not just sign a fourth line guy for a mil and keep the third round pick?.

Because Benning et al wanted Dorsett, not just some random 4th line guy?

I almost forgot how stupid this place can be. All 4th liners are exactly the same, I guess.

Dorsett is a decent player, def being underrated here by frightened and confused posters that have never seen him play, and a 3rd round pick in a weak draft isn't a huge price to pay.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Kinda of a Rick Rypien clone. Definitely brings some sand paper and has NHL wheels. However, like Rypien lacks the hand skills to do much offensively.

IMO worth a third.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Because Benning et al wanted Dorsett, not just some random 4th line guy?

I almost forgot how stupid this place can be. All 4th liners are exactly the same, I guess.

Dorsett is a decent player, def being underrated here by frightened and confused posters that have never seen him play, and a 3rd round pick in a weak draft isn't a huge price to pay.

Ok smart guy maybe you can explain to me why they traded our 2015 3rd rounder for anaheims 2014 3rd rounder and then trade anaheims 3rd rounder for Dorsett... Can you explain that to me?

Slashy McSlewfoot

Aug 17, 2005
Ok smart guy maybe you can explain to me why they traded our 2015 3rd rounder for anaheims 2014 3rd rounder and then trade anaheims 3rd rounder for Dorsett... Can you explain that to me?

I don't have to explain anything to you. Use Wikipedia or something if you don't understand how trades work.

GCM

Stork
Jun 22, 2010
Desjardins has coached him before and NYR's 4th line was playing amazing in the Cup Finals.

Dorsett is a good 4th liner to get for us. 1 thing Gillis NEVER did was get a consistent bottom 6 going. Malhotra injury had a lot to do with that but still.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Dorsett is a good 4th liner to get for us. 1 thing Gillis NEVER did was get a consistent bottom 6 going. Malhotra injury had a lot to do with that but still.
Because various bottom 6 guys like Higgens were playing up higher in the lineup. Gillis' problem wasn't the bottom six - it was failing to have any kind of depth in the top six.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Dorsett is not a tough guy (he will try to fight and will typically loose), and i watched him when he played for the tigers, i like him though for a 4th line, he works hard, he can score the occasional goal, i actually thought he was pretty darn good on the rangers 4th line in playoffs. He's a pest so i also hated him at times.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
I followed him since he got to Medicine Hat partway through the 04/05 season. He is a scrappy player but what I love is he hits and hits and brings energy every shift. Great on the pk(don't need sedins killing penalties)
Very pleased to have him

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Yes, because it's guaranteed we get a solid fourth liner for one million that wants to play here. I mean, it can't be that hard right...well maybe it can seeing as we've had a crappy fourth line for how long now?

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Yes, because it's guaranteed we get a solid fourth liner for one million that wants to play here. I mean, it can't be that hard right...well maybe it can seeing as we've had a crappy fourth line for how long now?

This team has far bigger issues than who the **** is playing on the 4th line. Reason why even though I hate this trade - in the greater scheme of things it doesn't mean much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad