Post-Game Talk: Canucks 7, Avalanche 6 (OT): What a barnburner! See you in Detroit.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If the Avs players are anywhere close to as pissed off as their fans.. look out. This could be a chippy game.
Why are their fans pissed off?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Stetcher is available to play per Dan Murphy

Dumb.

His brain should receive the same precautionary steps Pettersson's brain received.
Clear double standard being applied.
Stetcher was just as wobbled on his hit as Pettersson was on his.
Both players denying any symptoms post hit.

Should be a standard 1 week off min on these types of grade 1 concussions. Dumb.

(before i get railed against.. review the hit : look at how long Stecher remains prone... look at him posture up to the knees then 'stumble' back onto his butt. textbook minimum grade 1.)

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
There's some opportunity for the lines NOT playing against the MacKinnon line..
Almost all their other regular forwards are minus players...

It's impressive how much the first line is their everything.

Petterson's first 4 point game

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Dumb.

His brain should receive the same precautionary steps Pettersson's brain received.

Should be a standard 1 week off min on these types of grade 1 concussions. Dumb.

(before i get railed against.. review the hit : look at how long Stecher remains prone... look at him posture up to the knees then 'stumble' back onto his butt. textbook minimum grade 1.)

You're not wrong, but I think murph just means he's not being placed on the IR not that he's playing.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
You're not wrong, but I think murph just means he's not being placed on the IR not that he's playing.
Unfortunately Green announced - same roster.

Ah well... not my brain to worry about... If Stecher or team aren't worried.. then why should anyone else... heh..

Way to man up Stecher... glad we don't have to ice a minor leaguer in his place now.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
When the injuries mellow out I want to see

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Goldobin-Pettersson-Virtanen
Roussel-Sutter-Eriksson
Granlund-Beagle-Motte
Gaunce

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Dumb.

Especially now that we know a lot more about concussions, all sports need to be taking this type of thing seriously. Most of the time you're protecting the player from themselves. Even with the NFL early retirements, more players will bow to the culture and pressure to stay in the league and deny they have symptoms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad