Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 - Sabres 2 || Praise Bo, He Will Save Us All.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Watched the game this morning. LOVED the Bo goal and fist pump afterwords. It is a heck of a lot of fun to have a prospect in the lineup to root for. It certainly has been awhile.

Solid game all around. A should win game we actually won. Huzzah. Now to deal with the Wild on Sunday.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Buffalo is awful, but after a bit of a shaky first period we did what we needed to do and controlled the game easily. Only real negative the rough game for the PK.

- Sedins were solid enough, although Vrbata is struggling. Hopefully the EN goal is a confidence boost.

- best game for Higgins in 2 months. Hopefully this sees him back on track a bit. Burrows not great, though. Vey still too easily eliminated from the play.

- also a strong game for Bonino. Can't believe it took them 48 games to realize that a guy who gelled so well with Perry and Getzlaf on an elite PP unit in Anaheim might be a better fit on our top unit than Linden Vey.

- Matthias had a stereotypical Mason Raymond game. All over the ice, brutal finish. Still a good, energetic performance.

- 4th line was excellent. Horvat and Kassian seem to compliment each other well, used their size and skill to good effect.

- good first impression from Kenins. Work ethic, skating ability, and three-zone hustle means he fits in pretty seamlessly at this level.

- Tanev made a rare coverage error on the 1-0 goal but otherwise that pairing was good as usual. Tanev's pass on the 4-2 goal was a beauty.

- good game for Corrado-Hamhuis. Corrado perhaps settling in a bit.

- Weber was good. Sbisa still sucks, a lot. Shift that sums him up as a player was one where he had the puck behind his own net for 5 seconds, finally decides to move it completely unpressured, and puts his outlet pass 3 feet behind Horvat to lead to a 45-second shift stuck in our own done. Disgrace that Stanton and now likely Weber will be scratched to keep this donkey in the lineup.

- nice win for Miller personally, although he had to do little.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Buffalo looked defeated before they took the ice. Going to take a lot to change that culture.

Uh, no. McEichel and Reinhart are going to right their ship pretty quickly there. Not to mention the multitide of draft picks they've accumulated for the coming years.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
- Weber was good. Sbisa still sucks, a lot. Shift that sums him up as a player was one where he had the puck behind his own net for 5 seconds, finally decides to move it completely unpressured, and puts his outlet pass 3 feet behind Horvat to lead to a 45-second shift stuck in our own done. Disgrace that Stanton and now likely Weber will be scratched to keep this donkey in the lineup.

As soon as he stopped my pizza up the middle sense started tingling

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
There was also a shift where Weber started carrying the puck up the ice, didn't like what he saw and circled back to give the puck to Sbisa. Sbisa had that deer in the headlights look and just gave the puck back to Weber pretty much without moving. Then Weber carried the puck all the way into the Sabres end and created a scoring chance. Is it seriously not clear to the coach who the better player is? I mean good God.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
There was also a shift where Weber started carrying the puck up the ice, didn't like what he saw and circled back to give the puck to Sbisa. Sbisa had that deer in the headlights look and just gave the puck back to Weber pretty much without moving. Then Weber carried the puck all the way into the Sabres end and created a scoring chance. Is it seriously not clear to the coach who the better player is? I mean good God.

Willie D just heard "Sbisa started a breakout that lead to a chance for. Awesome."

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Buffalo looked defeated before they took the ice. Going to take a lot to change that culture. They looked like they were just waiting to lose.

They put up more shots against us than they did against Edmonton or Calgary, and way more than against the wings before that. 15 18 20 22 - upswing.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hard to read too much into this game.
Loved the goal by Horvat where all three of he, Kassian and Matthias went to the net. This line could work if they keep playing that way.
Bonino on the first unit makes tons of sense but he'll have to be the guy who goes to the dirty areas like he did on the goal. That will be tougher against a good defence.
Thought Weber had a decent game but was used pretty sparingly. Lowest minute guy on defence by a good margin. He probably comes out for Clendening as he struggles physically against better teams. Could see Weber traded around the deadline if Clendening can replace his offence and show decent defence.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I didn't watch last nights game and just read that Hodgson was a healthy scratch? You'd think they'd at least try the "playing against your former team" motivation to spark him a bit.

Looks like he's just not in their plans at all. He's either traded at the deadline (while retaining salary) or h gets bought out.

Dealing with Vancouver sure has cost the Sabres a lot of cash in recent years.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Uh, no. McEichel and Reinhart are going to right their ship pretty quickly there. Not to mention the multitide of draft picks they've accumulated for the coming years.

I said it will take "a lot" which in my mind, getting Connor McDavid qualifies as. But they'll still have to learn how to win.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Have to feel bad for Hodgson, looks like he's turning out to be an AHL career player, his skating stride is probably one of the worst in the NHL which makes him an ineffective player at the NHL level sporting an atrocious plus/minus. It's not how fault either, its the way his body is made with short stumpy legs.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sedins looked decently dangerous when they were in the offensive zone, but boy are they getting left behind in the netural zone....never were great skaters, but just seem to be hanging on right now...hooking and holding penalties because they're always trailing the play....and starting to see them get knocked down a lot in one-on-one puck battles...sad to see...and Burrows?....no doubt has lost a step....every time he touched the puck and tried to skate with it a Sabre was closing ground on him....'Nucks need to get more out of them, but not sure they've got any more to give at this point in their careers.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad