Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 - Flames 1 || Everything is awesome. We're awesome. You're awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Didn't show better in the preseason.

I think Prust is fine in the fact that he can mentor and provide some good team qualities. He is no first liner obviously, but he didn't look out of place last night and he was in the right place and made the right decisions with the puck.

I am not crazy about Prust either, but in trying to keep perspective by looking around the league, not every team has studs on their 4th lines. In fact many probably not as effective in their role as Prust has been.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I remember hearing ppl saying that Canucks fans like to complain even when they are winning. In 2012 it was May Ray, now it's Prust and Sbisa.

At least Raymond was useful. Sbisa...is not. At all.

arsmaster*

At least Raymond was useful. Sbisa...is not. At all.

But he had his back broken on an illegal play in his most important game. What a loser.

Feel the need to mention Sidney Crosby was injured in game 7 the year his team won the cup. Didn't play the last period.

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
Pretty much unanimously everyone is pleased with last night. The only people pushing an agenda right now are those trying to justify benning moves.

It's irritating. Everyone has given credit where it was due. **** sakes this place.

Everyone has given credit? Sure, maybe some very grudgingly.

Can you blame those who finally can voice some optimism without being attacked by various posters on these boards? I have read enough negativity this summer to last all season.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Benning needs to be more credit for what he has done with this team.

Kassian was good but he has turned into a car wreck of a situation with Montreal. We got Prust for a 5th? Wow seems pretty unfair to Montreal.

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
nobody attacks optimism. they attack optimism shoved down their throats

Sorry, that hasn't been the case at all. Any optimism has been attacked. Maybe those who have been thriving on negativity see any voice of optimism as having an opinion shoved down their throat. Maybe those who are optimistic feel the same way about the dour outlook thrown about here all summer?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Sorry, that hasn't been the case at all. Any optimism has been attacked. Maybe those who have been thriving on negativity see any voice of optimism as having an opinion shoved down their throat. Maybe those who are optimistic feel the same way about the dour outlook thrown about here all summer?

sorry, but that hasnt been the case at all. any optimism has been basically ignored except for the stuff with attached nonsense that can actually be criticized. maybe those who have established a victim complex see any criticism as a personal attack?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Benning needs to be more credit for what he has done with this team.

Kassian was good but he has turned into a car wreck of a situation with Montreal. We got Prust for a 5th? Wow seems pretty unfair to Montreal.

You don't think Benning could find a better UFA for the money than Prust?

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
sorry, but that hasnt been the case at all. any optimism has been basically ignored except for the stuff with attached nonsense that can actually be criticized. maybe those who have established a victim complex see any criticism as a personal attack?

When has a criticism of the team been a personal attack? I am commenting on the tone this past summer. Anyone who has had a "lets wait and see how this team actually preforms before completely writing them off" approach has been completely attacked. There is no victim complex. Just a pissed off group of people who wanted to wait and see how this team actually preformed in the real world before declaring that team is a complete disaster.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
You don't think Benning could find a better UFA for the money than Prust?

Matthias would actually be a Bette 4th liner than Prust and cost less if you really really really want to spend money.

Internally if we want a 4th liner, Kenins and Gaunce would be much better. I mean at least they can grow, Prust will only continue to decline and letting the kids develop now > letting a plug block them.

greasy goals

Mar 7, 2014
Map the parade boys.

Alright, here's what I'm thinking

pKCXWNJ.png

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
More like blind optimism.
This ticket only has 1% of winning? We are going to win for sure!!!!!
How dare you tell me we will not win, 1%? You hater.

Right.

Way to take some extreme position on this. Are you trying to tell me the canucks have a 1% chance of doing well this season, and that all those who think they may do well have a 99% chance of being wrong? No one here can tell the future, and just because there are those who disagree with your outcome at this point doesn't mean they are wrong. Especially in a sport such as hockey where there are so many variables at play.

edit: I am sure someone will now attack me by saying making an informed decision on the direction of the team is just good analysis. Yes, I agree with this. We can complain about asset management at this point, but we cannot without a doubt say how this team will work out. Individual moves do not reflect how that might effect the team.

Last edited:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Right.

Way to take some extreme position on this. Are you trying to tell me the canucks have a 1% chance of doing well this season, and that all those this think they may do well have a 99% chance of being wrong? No one here can tell the future, and just because there are those who disagree with your outcome at this point doesn't mean they are wrong. Especially in a sport such as hockey where there are so many variables at play.

More like 1% for Sbisa to turn the corner to be a top4 defender despite being consistently bad in his last 300+ games.

Or 1% for Prust to undo his physical decline, play well and have Benning discover his inner negotiator to get any value.

Just some examples that some posters would just brand as "hating".

For the record, I really don't have a clue on how this season will end.
I think we can make the playoffs if the Sedins don't get injured, Horvat can elevate his play to 50-60 points and the coaching staff finally realize Miller can only play 40ish games and Markstrom can play at a high level for the rest.
Is that likely? No idea, injuries are impossible to predict and I doubt the management group will let WD only play Miller for 40ish games.

jrlp

Jan 30, 2008
Vancouver
Lookout OT ?!!!!

More like blind optimism.
This ticket only has 1% of winning? We are going to win for sure!!!!!
How dare you tell me we will not win, 1%? You hater.

The oft referenced notion that optimism is frequently of the "blind" variety, the rose coloured glasses thing, a failure to apprehend the reality of the world, an inability to stomach the hard, cold, blackened truth that is the feature of the uncomprehending, the delicate, the witless is just plain not supported by the facts regarding the actual operation of the human mind.

Of course, there is such a thing but I suspect it's quite a bit less common than you might think. Which is a feature of the very operation I mention. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce