Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 @ Columbus 3 - Honey Badger gives no *****, 4 point night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jesus*

Such a disservice to Burrows. Perhaps I missed the nuance?

Burrows allegedly made racial slurs to Tootoo and derogatory personal remarks about his family. Everyone hates burrows again, and people siding with Tootoo saying he is a reformed player.

Burrows = Avery, Tootoo = Burrows. At least that's what I think he was going for.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Didn't see the whole game but did see most of last two periods.

Obviously Sedins and Hansen line carried the team.

Didn't think he was a star but Baertschi was better. Looked very quick a couple of times and that was Baertschi's game in Junior hockey. Gives you some hope at least.

Bart and Hutton seemed the best of the defensemen. Tanev as universally pointed out is struggling. Hamhuis is a shell of his former self.

Nice goal by Sutter. Does have speed

Vrbata looks like he has checked out since being moved off the Sedin line and Horvat line was not good.

Markstrom was incredible at times. One of the highlights of the year will be the diving save he made after seriously mis-handling the puck.

Both McCann and Dorsett played well. Dorsett is a warrior.

IMO we stole a game here

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
What's this I heard about Hansen beaking off at Torts?

I wouldn't be surprised. Jannik Hansen struggled big time, and had his worst season playing under coach Torterella. And I'm sure that Tort's archaic motivational tactics didn't help Hansen's confidence.

Jannik was arguably the worst player on the team that year.

DapperZ

Apr 12, 2015
Victoria, BC
Burrows allegedly made racial slurs to Tootoo and derogatory personal remarks about his family. Everyone hates burrows again, and people siding with Tootoo saying he is a reformed player.

Burrows = Avery, Tootoo = Burrows. At least that's what I think he was going for.

But all unsubstantiated and dropped by the league. He is a valuable part of the team. Sorry to get off the game topic.

talenttracer

Nov 7, 2007
Fatherhood

I wouldn't be surprised. Jannik Hansen struggled big time, and had his worst season playing under coach Torterella. And I'm sure that Tort's archaic motivational tactics didn't help Hansen's confidence.

Jannik was arguably the worst player on the team that year.

Hansen became the father of twins, that year, i'm sure that didn't help his game either.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Didn't see the whole game but did see most of last two periods.

Obviously Sedins and Hansen line carried the team.

Didn't think he was a star but Baertschi was better. Looked very quick a couple of times and that was Baertschi's game in Junior hockey. Gives you some hope at least.

Bart and Hutton seemed the best of the defensemen. Tanev as universally pointed out is struggling. Hamhuis is a shell of his former self.

Nice goal by Sutter. Does have speed

Vrbata looks like he has checked out since being moved off the Sedin line and Horvat line was not good.

Markstrom was incredible at times. One of the highlights of the year will be the diving save he made after seriously mis-handling the puck.

Both McCann and Dorsett played well. Dorsett is a warrior.

IMO we stole a game here

Vrbada needs to check out of town. ;)

As usual, for most people reading this site (MOD posters MOD at you lately over Higgy comments), you always have seasoned insight and your posts are appreciated.

Note to self: buy new socks.

Last edited by a moderator:

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Hansen is the best 3rd liner in the league

Hansen is an elite 3rd liner, no doubt about it. Too bad we couldn't use his cap hit as a basis for the *other* bottom 6ers.

Markstrom was real good. Goalie controversy is gonna come up if Willie is serious about making the playoffs.

Tanev noticeably slow but man he is in perfect position to block shots.

Sedins-Hansen. Sedins are a lot more effective with a forechecker. They capitalized on a very poor CBJ defense, those cross crease passes don't make it against a playoff team.

Bae is getting better every game. He needs more freedom to operate in the o-zone. He's basically trapped in his lane of the ice under WD. He looks dynamite when he's crossing thru from RW->LW

I'm not worried about Horvat having a slow year. The skill is still there and he can make individual plays

Vrbata - for all the talk about Benning and having veteran guys to teach rookies why is Vrbata still on this roster? Doesn't look like he's trying...keep earning dem paycheques

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Without Markstrom, this game is over in the second period.....Canuck blueline is a comedy of errors these days, and the wingers are just getting manhandled along the wall in their own zone...I'd come right back with Markstrom, but undoubtedly Willie will have Miller back in nets for Ottawa.....but unless this team finds a way to tighten it up and not turn the puck over in danger areas, it won't matter who's between the pipes.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Without Markstrom, this game is over in the second period.....Canuck blueline is a comedy of errors these days, and the wingers are just getting manhandled along the wall in their own zone...I'd come right back with Markstrom, but undoubtedly Willie will have Miller back in nets for Ottawa.....but unless this team finds a way to tighten it up and not turn the puck over in danger areas, it won't matter who's between the pipes.

Exactly. He was, by far, the hero of this game. Hansen was great as well....but let's see this killer finishing instinct when the opposing coach is not named Torts.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Vrbada needs to check out of town. ;)

As usual, for most people reading this site (MOD posters MOD at you lately over Higgy comments), you always have seasoned insight and your posts are appreciated.

Note to self: buy new socks.

Appreciate the comments. But probably a little fault on both sides of that dust up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Definitely stole that one, felt like a loss was coming all game

Sedins Hansen and Markstrom put the team on their backs tonight

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Appreciate the comments. But probably a little fault on both sides of that dust up.

Dust has a strange way of polluting good air surrounding it. ;)

Anywho, carry on carrying on! There are some that enjoy a fresh breath of air every now and again...

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Agreed. The rest can walk home and think about their bads.

Late post: I felt Burrows was also very good in this game. He's had a solid season so far and I felt the Sportsnet guy who said "Burrows is good when he's not yapping", basically reinforcing the idea that Burrows had done something wrong with regards to Tootoo. Bothers me that this Burrows stereo type is continually reinforced by these idiots, who can't be bothered to think for themselves.

Fun game this evening, in all it's sloppy, terrible glory.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
So when does Marky get back in you think? I'm curious to see how they handle goalie rotation this year considering they let Eddie rot last year until Miller went down.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
So when does Marky get back in you think? I'm curious to see how they handle goalie rotation this year considering they let Eddie rot last year until Miller went down.

Willie Desjardin is as bias towards veterans as you can be.

Expect maybe 10 starts for Markstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad