Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4 @ Wings 3 SO || We Got The Vey We Asked For But Not The One We Deserve.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
for the past three years, detroit has kicked our ass with 6 wins out of a possible 8. don't see how that changes tonight, but stranger things have happened.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
If that's the case, then why not send McCann down? Unless they're still not happy with the depth without him... who could blame them, although they put themselves in this corner.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
for the past three years, detroit has kicked our ass with 6 wins out of a possible 8. don't see how that changes tonight, but stranger things have happened.

The only hope we got is that Detroit takes us lightly and mails it in. Ain't gonna happen.

btw- 2 broke 4th liners? We've got two of the wealthiest 4th liners in the league. ;)

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Ugh, why post that?

Man, I vividly remember that Lidstrom goal and I was in utter disbelief. We had the Wings on the ropes, and had all the momentum in game 3. The Red Wings had a nightmarish trip with plane delays and issues, and had lost all belief game 2. You immediately saw the reaction from the team after that goal and it all seemed to snowball after that. I remember reading a locker room anecdote where Shanahan had launched a ball of hockey tape straight into a garbage bin during the 2nd intermission...and saying "our luck has changed."

:(

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
I haven't watched a full game in I don't know how long. A couple games ago was the first time in ages I even watched a period. I use to at least catch up on highlights... but nope. Maybe I'll catch this one though just because of the blended line-up.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Vey's up. Oh boy.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd interest in this season continues to plummet.

But your solution was to claim Stoll off waivers (before Henrik was injured)?

I'm not a fan of Vey... but I'm more interested in seeing what he can do with possibly his last crack at the NHL (he should be looking at it that way anyways) than wasting a contract on Stoll.

edit: That being said, my preference would have been to call up Gaunce. I know they've converted him to a winger... still, I would have loved to see him get a shot at 4th C.

Last edited:

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
But your solution was to claim Stoll off waivers (before Henrik was injured)?

I'm not a fan of Vey... but I'm more interested in seeing what he can do with possibly his last crack at the NHL (he should be looking at it that way anyways) than wasting a contract on Stoll.

edit: That being said, my preference would have been to call up Gaunce. I know they've converted him to a winger... still, I would have loved to see him get a shot at 4th C.

I honestly don't think his skating is good enough to be an NHL center, I believe that was the motivation for the move to wing in the first place. To his credit, he's improved it a great deal and maybe in another season or so he could pull it off. I imagine he'll be a winger full time with the big club next season and injuries may give him a shot at it eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00