Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Wild 2: The Minnesota Kid purifies the Wild in Lake Minnetonka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Thoroughly on Team Tank but how can you hate this game? A gem in Reid Boucher looking good when he actually gets ice team and Boeser scoring... with Bo and Baertschi buzzing with him.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Missed the game, how did Boeser, Goldy, and Stecher perform? (too lazy to scroll through thread)

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Good day for Boucher, Boeser, Bo and Beartschi. Edit Bachman too.

The B's have it.

Except for Bruce Boudreau.

Last edited:

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
I'm really starting to wonder if it's in their contract not to be split up. I know Willy only has half a brain but c'mon! Willy's job is to win as many games as possible but they are defensive liabilities together and it's obvious that their talent needs to be spread throughout the line up.

:dunno:
Nope, splitting them up has happened a few times over the years when not producing, sometimes it worked for a very short time but more often than not it didn't and they return to the same line.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
The kids are looking good guys. Might suck for the pro tank crowd, but you gotta love when its the kids contributing. Came here to say absolutely love Brock. One of my personal favorite prospects in the game. You guys got yourselves a good one. :)

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
You do realize that they are under contract. What are they going to do if they are deployed as the second line, quit and throw away all that dough? They are the definition of professionals. That's what I read every day. If that is so, I'm sure they realize it's time to step aside for the youth and still contribute in every way they can and being deployed against a weaker group could only improve their chances.

Willie is the guy who trots them out there. It's on him not the Sedins.

Just as it's on him for not giving the guys they need to get better for the future more ice time than the Chaput, Megna, Sutter, Sedin combos he continuously employs in every situation throughout the game and increases their ice in 3rd periods while gluing the younger guys down.

Absolute pro's - the Sedins love their team & the fans, pure class - they'd go on the third line if they felt it would help the team and their coach.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Good day for Boucher, Boeser, Bo and Beartschi.

The B's have it.

Except for Bruce Boudreau.

Wow!....Boudreau just unloaded on this team.....said the fans were right to boo....added that he was embarrassed and so should his veteran team leaders be.....refreshing to hear a coach call out some of his veteran players in a game where they basically crapped the bed.

A jarring contrast with Willie's approach....just keep throwin' them over the boards, while giving credit to the other team..."we knew they were going to come hard".

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Nice win even it screws up tank. Gives young guys something to build around

Good

Backman - might really be an option next year. Has often held a not very good Utica team in games early this year and last year and showed again he can, at least in the short run, provide some NHL level goal tending. He was excellent.

Horvat - very good two way effort. Obviously the best center on the team

Tryamkin - people get excited about young prospects but Tryamkin is emerging as the best story. Was the best player on the ice in the first two periods. Makes one solid play after another. Thought he was the best defenseman for the team and his up side remains huge.

Stecher - my favorite player. Just comes and competes all the time. Moved the puck smartly all game. Spurgeon always gets a lot of deserved props but I thought Stecher was better.

Boucher - talent is obviously there. Might be a lethal scorer in the right circumstances. Has one of the best sticks on the team. Problem here is that we might lose him to expansion. Hope Eriksson waives and we can keep Boucher. Would also say that the alternative choice, Sbisa, had a solid game.

Bad

Chaput - don't understand why Willie has Chaput trashing around with the Sedins. Maybe to shore up their defense. But why not put someone with some talent up there, like Boucher, and put Chaput back on the fourth line where he belongs. Might dispute whether Chaput is better than Shore.

Other Points

Goldobin - sort of drifting. Can see the quickness and the smart puck movement but not really in on much on of the play. Needs to find his role on the team

Boeser - there is little wrong with his skating. Changes gears well and shows that even at this level can find open ice. There was a lot here to be excited about. Not always central to the play but very good start. Don't know if you call his game good in comparison to others but you well might.

Shore - played well enough. Maybe a better pick up than originally considered

Have to feel some sympathy for Skille. Given where he is at might be career threatening. Scored a nice goal and then this happens. Hope it is better than it looks cause it looked awful.

Sedins were poor in their end, again. Looked tired. Nice of Daniel (I think it was him) for giving up the empty net shot to Chaput but not a wise play

Hutton with a better game

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver

Absolute pro's - the Sedins love their team & the fans, pure class - they'd go on the third line if they felt it would help the team and their coach.

If I were in Linden and Benning's position in the end of season interviews, I would have a discussion with them about re-inventing themselves are defensive forwards. They are very intelligent players who have always taken a team first approach. They could do it the same way guys like Yzerman and Larionov did in their later years.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
If I were in Linden and Benning's position in the end of season interviews, I would have a discussion with them about re-inventing themselves are defensive forwards. They are very intelligent players who have always taken a team first approach. They could do it the same way guys like Yzerman and Larionov did in their later years.
We could change their names to Henrik Burrows and Daniel Hansen. :laugh:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

You know the real sad thing about the Sedins this season is the way Willie has used them....Henrik has proven that he's creative enough to play with other wingers....he doesn't have to be tethered to Daniel, where they just look so bad in their own zone.

Putting Henrik with a couple of hard-skating, backchecking wingers wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, particularly in third periods where the Sedins have struggled so mightily.....but I guess it'll take a new coach before the obvious happens.

Labamba

Too Much 4 CDC
Feb 26, 2013
Shuswap
Creeped in on CDC's PGT and nearly fell to my knees in pain from all the jokes with things that rhyme with Brock.

"I wanna Brock and Bo all night" barrrfffff.

Anyway.

I'm excited about him but he is going to ruin the tank. Owen Tippett here we come.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Sedins need to retire already.

I appreciate what they have done, but either take 2nd line roles on this team or leave.

Its time

The Sedins have been on record saying that they would love if the young players on this team push them down the lineup.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express

If theirs not a discussion about their defensive game at the end of the season then something is seriously wrong with this regime.

It needs to be addressed.

But as a pro tanker...keep on truckn boys :)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Missed the game, how did Boeser, Goldy, and Stecher perform? (too lazy to scroll through thread)

Excellent debut for BB. Smart player

Goldy didnt get much to work with but showed sick stick handling

Stechers best game in a while imo i was very impressed with his all round play

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Too bad Gaudettes going back to NU cause we could of roles this with the Triple B line the Triple G and the Triple S get it?? :laugh:

Baertchi Bo Boeser
Goldy Gaudette Granlund
Sedin Sedin Sutter

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I think this is the first game I've missed all year, and Boeser played? talk about bad timing! haven't had time to go through the thread.. was he good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad