Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Wild 2: The Minnesota Kid purifies the Wild in Lake Minnetonka

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I think this is the first game I've missed all year, and Boeser played? talk about bad timing! haven't had time to go through the thread.. was he good?

Yeah, he was. A lot of promise there, although I'm not too happy about the Canucks burning a year of his ELC to slot him into garbage time games, but whatever. His family's in pretty dire straights from what I've heard, so whatever. He even scored! Not a pretty play or anything, but good to see.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Nah, sorry. I don't get it.

Triple B line - Baertchi Bo Boeser
Triple G line - Goldy Gaudette Granlund
Triple S line - Sedin Sedin Sutter

:laugh:

But cant happen cause Gaudettes goin back to college lol

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, he was. A lot of promise there, although I'm not too happy about the Canucks burning a year of his ELC to slot him into garbage time games, but whatever. His family's in pretty dire straights from what I've heard, so whatever. He even scored! Not a pretty play or anything, but good to see.

1. What's this "dire straits" in reference to Boeser's family?

2. If I'm not mistaken, the first year of the ELC won't be used unless he plays 9+ games

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
1. What's this "dire straits" in reference to Boeser's family?

2. If I'm not mistaken, the first year of the ELC won't be used unless he plays 9+ games

1: dad has parkinsons and not a wealthy family, US of A medical bills

2: I dont know

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
1) Dad has Parkinson's, Mom works two jobs, sister has special needs; NHL deal goes a long way to them. And most people obviously, but yeah. The Boeser family has it pretty rough.

2) Nope. He's 20, so the 9 game thing doesn't apply. Year one was burned the second his skates hit the ice IIRC.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Ho5uoVX.png

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I was at ICBC Metrotown when this game was going on. 40-50 minute wait turned into 1hr45.

Awesome.

I liked Boucher from the moment we nabbed him, but man, he is one weird little dude. nice shot tho!

I've heard each of Boeser's family struggles individually before, but when you put them all together like that it really hits deep. Class act all the way.

I think Bachman would make for a fine backup to Jake next year. However I think the smart play would be to get a bigger body. How much would Scott Darling go for, you think?

Jannik Hansen has 1 Assist and -3 in 10 games with the sharks. I'm quite satisfied with the trade.

Beauty of a game.

CANUCKS WINNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I was at ICBC Metrotown when this game was going on. 40-50 minute wait turned into 1hr45.

Awesome.

I liked Boucher from the moment we nabbed him, but man, he is one weird little dude. nice shot tho!

I've heard each of Boeser's family struggles individually before, but when you put them all together like that it really hits deep. Class act all the way.

I think Bachman would make for a fine backup to Jake next year. However I think the smart play would be to get a bigger body. How much would Scott Darling go for, you think?

Beauty of a game.

CANUCKS WINNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see Boucher contribute to 2nd/3rd line levels, if his trajectory remains consistently.

I don't mind keeping Bachman. Darling probably gonna cost quite a bit, a year younger, huge body, great numbers and performance, likely to seek a starter job around the 4 million range as baseline.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

That one is ****ing brutal. Any time I walk by it I'm absolutely baffled by the amount of people waiting there. I get all my stuff done in the Richmond one.

I will be pissed if we give up anything for a backup goalie. We simply aren't in the position to make a move like this. There will be someone available in free agency.

Paulinvancouver

Dec 19, 2015
My comment on Darling would be as a starter.

I'm not terribly sold on Markie. Helps that Miller could be somewhat of a mentor to him, but without a veteran to run the show and help him through the ****, I see him as another Lack.

I'm not sure where the Richmond is, but that's on the other side of town for me. Metrotown is 4 stops from New West skytrain at least.

I would have spent more time doing stuff in the mall, but the ticketing system is ****ed up. Got back from the bathroom and a minute after H615 passed, H616, 617 and 618 rolled off together really quickly, I didn't think it would be so bad a wait for H630, but it seemed like ages until another H number was drawn.

...maybe we trade Markie and Boucher to Jersey for Schneider? :D

Last edited:

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Regarding Boucher, the offseason will be super important for him if he doesn't get picked up by Vegas. He needs to work on his quickness and speed and I should hope that the Canucks training staff would help him with that

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
My comment on Darling would be as a starter.

I'm not terribly sold on Markie. Helps that Miller could be somewhat of a mentor to him, but without a veteran to lead the show and help him through the ****, I see him as another Lack.

I'm not sure where the Richmond is, but that's on the other side of town for me. Metrotown is 4 stops from New West skytrain at least.

I would have spent more time doing stuff in the mall, but the ticketing system is ****ed up. Got back from the bathroom and a minute H615 passed, H616, 617 and 618 rolled off together really quickly, I didn't think it would be so bad a wait for H630, but it seemed like ages until another H number was drawn.

Hmm I get your point. But getting Darling would mean this team will compete for playoff next season, something I really don't think we can afford to do. Fans have been lied to and cheated out of two really great draft classes, we need at least two more years of outstanding draft years (two more after this year) before we can start to think playoff.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Everything is great and all.... but our tank seems to be stuck in the mud.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Bachman has shown enough to move into consideration, IMO. He should at least be part of the conversation surrounding Canucks goalies. If they are truly starting Markstrom next season and somebody else hires Miller, Bachman could be back up.

Agree Sedins should have been deployed more sympathetically than Desjardins' primitive system allows. A maestro coach like Vigneault could ease them into minor minutes without any protests. That said, a lesser role under Desjardins can be done. I think Desjardins may be a beneficial coach for a very young team, I don't expect him to also coddle older guys.

I would make the observation that officiating has been less corrosive this season and last? I would call today's contest well officiated overall. Do I need to recall the refs approach to the Canucks before Torts? Canucks have been gradually healing rifts under WD and Benning. This will matter some day.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I would have spent more time doing stuff in the mall, but the ticketing system is ****ed up. Got back from the bathroom and a minute after H615 passed, H616, 617 and 618 rolled off together really quickly, I didn't think it would be so bad a wait for H630, but it seemed like ages until another H number was drawn.
woah...I was there a few years ago & it wasn't THAT bad....amazing how quickly things can go downhill (or maybe I was lucky & picked the right day?)

Paulinvancouver

Dec 19, 2015
That one is ****ing brutal. Any time I walk by it I'm absolutely baffled by the amount of people waiting there. I get all my stuff done in the Richmond one.

I will be pissed if we give up anything for a backup goalie. We simply aren't in the position to make a move like this. There will be someone available in free agency.

To be clear, Darling is a UFA.

However I just noticed he's 28yo. Had no idea he'd been around so long.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Regarding Boucher, the offseason will be super important for him if he doesn't get picked up by Vegas. He needs to work on his quickness and speed and I should hope that the Canucks training staff would help him with that

Watching Boucher work the side boards on the pp and actually firing pucks at the net is like a revelation.....been watching the Sedins and Sutter operate so long as stationary pylons who just feed the points or make low-percentage cross-ice passes, that you just get used to nothing happening.

If Willie had a guy like Boucher earlier in the year and had been willing to load up a second-unit pp with some guys who'll actually shoot, he might have had a fighting chance at keeping his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad