Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Penguins 2 - Daylight savings. We get an extra hour to *****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
ColePens said he'd demonstrate this in detail, but Letang was responsible primarily for every goal against tonight. It was Letang 4, Penguins 2 tonight, period.

Gotta say this. Sheary-Sid-Horny kills it. Sully breaks them up. Kuhn-Geno-Rust sucks. Watching Hags-Geno-Rust and Jake-Geno-Phil proved just how much. Sully is a willing accomplice in the Pens 5 on 5 struggles.

EDIT: JR doesn't have the luxury of sitting on this. 1-3-1 on a relatively easy 5 game road trip. Sid and Geno, after all the hockey they've played and how much they laid out there last year, don't have the same seemingly boundless energy. Other guys aren't stepping up. Letang has been covered. And, yes it's hyperbole to say it, but Sully is morphing into Bylsma as a bench boss.

Reactions: NJPensFan5

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Negatives:

tumblr_inline_mhs2j3orfT1qz4rgp.gif

Reactions: TNT87

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Does Letang even give a fraction of a f*** at this point? Send him up to press box for a game.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Crosby: -3
Letang: -3

Sums it up.

Malkin was invisible, Murray sucked. Makes things so much better.

Letang is simply dreadful right now. I really can't think of a better way to state my opinion. I mean, he just flat out stinks.

Not much else to say. Team just doesn't have it right now. Hope things change. Well, they kinda need to.

Reactions: NJPensFan5

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Well, we are just not getting it done. One lucky even strength goal on a deflected point shot.
Letang is obviously going to need a while to get back to something resembling his previous level, if that is even possible. Peyton Manning was never the same physically after his surgery.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well this is an interesting time, and the one positive is that it's happening in October/November. It's difficult to give pluses tonight. I liked Hornqvist's game. I like Hags. I like... Murray?

There are tons of things to hate. But we've beaten a dead horse so many times on this road trip, I don't even have the energy to write them again. Letang, Sid, 5 on 5, Sheahan, Kuhn. Same stuff.

I'm going to do what the great Bob Johnson would do. I'll take whatever positives I can get.

1) Guentzel got a goal! Hopefully that turns stuff around.

2) We have an extra hour of sleep... or an extra hour to bitch if we want. :)

3) This is happening to us in October/November and that's a hell of a lot better than March/April.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Letang looks like an absolute train wreck out there. Words can't even aptly express how f***ing awful he is right now.

The rest of the team deserves some minuses as well, but Jesus, Letang is playing at a ridiculously bad level right now.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
f*** them. The team and coaches should be feel like shit.

Letang... Letang needs to be addressed. Treating him normally isn't helping and changing his partner isn't helping because he's the problem. He should have damn well been eased in and, if we're being brutally honest, he's so fragile and self-destructive that he needs to be preserved. f***ing play him less, shelter him and seriously have someone talk to him. And, maybe it wasn't a good idea to add the A and that pressure to what was always going to be a rough time for him.

I want Sprong. We deserve Sprong for this shit.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I've been warning you guys for a while now. Letang is one of those players that will not age well.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Letangs fall from grace is Wade Redden level right now. The difference between Letang in 2016 and Letang right now is so massive it's almost unbelievable. Really hope he can come back from this.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Letang looks like an absolute train wreck out there. Words can't even aptly express how ****ing awful he is right now.

The rest of the team deserves some minuses as well, but Jesus, Letang is playing at a ridiculously bad level right now.

-16 on the season LOL!!! It's probably time he gets benched for a while now. We can win a cup without him, we can survive a handful of games without him.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Not the headline story here nor should it be but I’m about ready to proclaim were right back where we started with the bottom two centers. Yeah it’s early, but barring a light bulb going off later in the year Sheahan just does absolutely nothing for me. I don’t even hate him, he’s just not showing me anything as a 3C. McKegg despite his goal tonight isn’t making those nifty vision plays he was making before I don’t think. i guess he could still fill the 4C role but hopefully that’s Sheahan when we get someone better.

Reactions: Shady Machine

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Crosby: -3
Letang: -3

Sums it up.

Malkin was invisible, Murray sucked. Makes things so much better.

Letang is simply dreadful right now. I really can't think of a better way to state my opinion. I mean, he just flat out stinks.

Not much else to say. Team just doesn't have it right now. Hope things change. Well, they kinda need to.

He was invisible with Kuhn-Rust. He was quite visible with Hags-Rust and Jake-Kessel . . . you know, the two combos that up until tonight Sully has REFUSED to play with him.

DReynolds

Oct 13, 2016
f***, remember when it felt like we could come back from anything? That feeling is so far away right now. Also, f*** the Canucks for making Kessel bleed his own blood. He just met the trainers for the first time tonight! Kessel is one of the bright spots though, looking solid, post season effort is there.

Reactions: Badfish87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad