Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4 - Kings 1 || Finally! We won it for Burrows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
RE: Running Quick.

Teams always did it with Luongo to a pretty crazy extent and got away with lots. Even today, Henrik basically got away with it. We know what he was doing, he knew what he was doing, and if the referees continue to do a **** job of protecting goalies, the Canucks should go into every game against LA expecting to give away a PP for simply falling on Quick.

Everybody does it but us anyway. He's the one guy on the Kings that can't skate away from a hit. You can't always catch Kopitar/Doughty, but Quick is there all game.

100% agree.

We have top 5 PK in the league we can afford to take a penalty if it results in throwing the goalie off stride.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
:laugh: I LOVE Lack:handclap:
0.jpg

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I'd rather face NYR in the finals.

In the dying seconds of game 7 Keith Yandle is the last man back looking to make a breakout pass. He fires it up the left wing where a charging Burrows steals and blows by. Alain Vigneault's wide eyes track his ex-player as he bears down on a stalwart Henrik Lundqvist. Lundqvist squares up ready to make a save as Burrows winds up a wild slap shot. Just as Burrows' stick connects with the puck a blinding flash obscures the all-star goalie's vision. The puck blows past the keeper in his shock and the Canucks win the series. A stunned Lundqvist looks up into the silenced crowd at the source of the flash: a horrified man in the stands raises his eyes to the arena lighting which reflected off his chrome-like bald head into Lundqvist's eyes. Mark Messier cost the Rangers the Cup.

*Giggle* :D

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
the more I understand about hockey the less I understand when stuff like this happens.

they soundly outplayed the kings. I didn't think they could do that.

great win, I like being surprised.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
This is what I said in the pre-GDT...

Match Sedins + Burrows against Kopitar as much as possible. Edler and Tanev as well.

Play Horvat line + Hamhuis/Weber against Carter and see how they do.

Run with Higgins-Bonino-Vrbata and see if they can create some offense against Stoll. Put them against Carter if Bo struggles. It'll never happen, but replace Sbisa with Stanton and put him with Bieksa.

Play Vey line as little as possible...

In terms of the lines/pairs and ice-time WD pretty much had it as close as reasonably possible to what I wanted to see with the exception of Stanton.

Higgins is a much better option next to Bonino and Vrbata than Matthias is. The Vey line did well in limited minutes in a role that they're actually suited for. Thought Hamhuis and Weber were very good out there too and their Corsi +/-'s were excellent.

Though, admittedly, even with those changes I didn't expect them to outplay L.A at 5 on 5 so it's very encouraging to see. Now they just need to keep things this way and continue to play guys where they belong.

Good to see the coach reads HF. :sarcasm:

Booshami

Apr 19, 2012
Vancouver
This is what I said in the pre-GDT...

In terms of the lines/pairs and ice-time WD pretty much had it as close as reasonably possible to what I wanted to see with the exception of Stanton.

Higgins is a much better option next to Bonino and Vrbata than Matthias is. The Vey line did well in limited minutes in a role that they're actually suited for. Thought Hamhuis and Weber were very good out there too and their Corsi +/-'s were excellent.

Though, admittedly, even with those changes I didn't expect them to outplay L.A at 5 on 5 so it's very encouraging to see. Now they just need to keep things this way and continue to play guys where they belong.

Good to see the coach reads HF. :sarcasm:
Vanuck new Canucks coach! I'm glad to see Willie adjust the lines though. Vey works better in a limited role and not playing against the other teams top line. Once Kassian comes back I hope he suits him with Matthias since it seemed like they had chemistry before Kassian went to play with the Sedins. Still don't like the Bieksa-Sbisa pairing though :help:

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
No supplemental discipline whatsoever for Toffoli.

What an absolute joke of a league this is.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
No supplemental discipline whatsoever for Toffoli.

What an absolute joke of a league this is.

Was just gonna say, absolutely ****ing Pejorative Slured. And then watch Burr hit Toffoli next game we play them and get suspended for the rest of the season or something stupid. The league is so off with these suspensions it's ridiculous. Quit worrying about fining divers you scrubs.

Honestly whens the last time someone got suspended for a hit on us? Keith? Was he even suspended? I know there hasn't been one this year even though Matthias and Dorsett have gotten elbows to the head.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Was just gonna say, absolutely ****ing Pejorative Slured. And then watch Burr hit Toffoli next game we play them and get suspended for the rest of the season or something stupid. The league is so off with these suspensions it's ridiculous. Quit worrying about fining divers you scrubs.

Honestly whens the last time someone got suspended for a hit on us? Keith? Was he even suspended? I know there hasn't been one this year even though Matthias and Dorsett have gotten elbows to the head.

Ference got a few games earlier this season for his headshot on Kassian and Keith got 5 games.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Toffoli isn't a dirty player and he's a first time offender. I didn't expect anything serious, but getting off scott free is a complete joke. Should have been at least a fine in there to document that he had an offense.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I guess the NHL is more interested in seeing a big market like Los Angeles make the playoffs over protecting its own players from brutal hits from behind. I would love to see the rationale behind this, and no, the player being Burrows isn't a good enough reason.

Tin foil hat it is.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Toffoli isn't a dirty player and he's a first time offender. I didn't expect anything serious, but getting off scott free is a complete joke. Should have been at least a fine in there to document that he had an offense.

He'll never be a repeat offender if they never apply discipline in the first place.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I guess the NHL is more interested in seeing a big market like Los Angeles make the playoffs over protecting its own players from brutal hits from behind. I would love to see the rationale behind this, and no, the player being Burrows isn't a good enough reason.

Tin foil hat it is.

More like tinfoli hat. :sarcasm:

Joke of a league. I wish the nhl officiating/management would be exposed. I'd love to see some anonymous hackers expose the hell out of them.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
WTF no games!!!!!! Burrows could have broken his neck then Toffoli would have gotten 20 games or more. No major injury no nothing?

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
no suspension or even a fine is ridiculous. where is my tin foil hat?

Tin foil hat it is.

Ottawa fans got Hamburglar masks. The first 10,000 people at the Kings game in April should get tinfoil Toffolli hats.

I hope LA is out of the playoffs next time we play them so they can focus on retribution and not the 2 points.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I actually think the outcome was punishment enough. He cost the team the most important game of the year.

arsmaster*

Jannik Hansen isn't dirty either. Nor is Edler. Being wreckless should come with consequences no matter the history. It's pretty easy to argue intent after what went down earlier in the game between these two.

I like Toffoli too but this is why we continually sit back and call this league a bush league. There is no consistency. You know for damn sure had that been burrows burying Toffoli we'd have been awaiting an in person hearing.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Jannik Hansen isn't dirty either. Nor is Edler. Being wreckless should come with consequences no matter the history. It's pretty easy to argue intent after what went down earlier in the game between these two.

I like Toffoli too but this is why we continually sit back and call this league a bush league. There is no consistency. You know for damn sure had that been burrows burying Toffoli we'd have been awaiting an in person hearing.

Ron MacLean would probably be an expert witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad