Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4 - Kings 1 || Finally! We won it for Burrows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
So I'm sitting here thinking we have a b2b game tomorrow and Markstrom gets the start. Why not get some fresh bodies on there to support Marky and get him a win?

Let's face it b2b's aren't our strong suit and we'll probably just mail it in halfway through the second (only won b2b's once this season) so why not give Stanton, Clendening and even McMillan a chance here you know they'll show up and are dying to play, it keeps things competitive. And why do the goalies always get rest in b2b's and not the skaters?

I understand we had a great game in LA and coaches usually want to reward the players by giving them more games but who says it has to be the next game?

I see what you're getting at, but I think the points are just too valuable right now, back to back or not. I think the team needs to lock up a playoff spot, then worry about resting guys.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
The thing that really bothers me about Quick losing it on Hank was that what Hank did is Quick's very own team's bread and butter. Like, suck it up man. That had me fuming because there was no reason for it at all. The look on Hank's face after said it all. He was shaking his head and sort of smirking like "What the hell was that man?".

Booshami

Apr 19, 2012
Vancouver
The thing that really bothers me about Quick losing it on Hank was that what Hank did is Quick's very own team's bread and butter. Like, suck it up man. That had me fuming because there was no reason for it at all. The look on Hank's face after said it all. He was shaking his head and sort of smirking like "What the hell was that man?".
Quick always does this. He has a temper tantrum every other game. I think he has 2x the PM as any other goalie :laugh:

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Arizona played tonight too... Really hope we spank them , but knowing the Canucks its doubtful. It's another 2 points we need doesn't matter who the team is.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I see what you're getting at, but I think the points are just too valuable right now, back to back or not. I think the team needs to lock up a playoff spot, then worry about resting guys.

I truly believe we have a better chance at winning and clinching those valuable points if we approach the game this way, I remember that one and only b2b this season we beat Philly then the next night in Carolina we got some injured bodies back it was Hammer and another player (can't remember who) but it really seemed to rejuvenate the team.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Just saw on sportsnet we haven't lost back to back games in regulation since January. Wot.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Quick always does this. He has a temper tantrum every other game. I think he has 2x the PM as any other goalie :laugh:
We should exploit that if we played them in the post-season, get Quick really riled up and lose his concentration.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Weren't you the one mad about the Canucks not responding to Toffoli or something? Just asking cause this post confuses me then. Why wouldn't Quick get mad? Bump him, expect a response. Isn't that similar to what you want the Canucks to be doing. Just because it's LA game doesn't mean he can't get mad when teams do it back. Lack got mad for getting slashed in the same manner.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
How Hank even got a penalty out of that confuses me. I'm sure that's what Hank was shaking his head at. Sucker punch with a blocker = off-setting calls. WTF.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
How Hank even got a penalty out of that confuses me. I'm sure that's what Hank was shaking his head at. Sucker punch with a blocker = off-setting calls. WTF.

I think it was fair, but Quick should've got an extra two, or something. Henrik did knee him to the head, and I don't think anyone would like it if Brown did that to Lack.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I want the jets in round 1 just because I feel the series would be exciting, on paper honestly we don't match amazing with them either, they are a big big team.

They have a worse goalie tho than the kings, more offensive team, but not as good defensively.

Last edited:

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
I want the jets in round 1 just because I feel the series would be exciting, on paper honestly we don't match amazing with them either, they are a big big team.

They have a much worse goalie tho than the kings, more offensive team, but not as good defensively.

This is essentially impossible

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
1st round: Calgary
2nd round: Winnipeg
3rd round: St.Louis
Finals: Montreal

My dream

I'd rather face NYR in the finals.

In the dying seconds of game 7 Keith Yandle is the last man back looking to make a breakout pass. He fires it up the left wing where a charging Burrows steals and blows by. Alain Vigneault's wide eyes track his ex-player as he bears down on a stalwart Henrik Lundqvist. Lundqvist squares up ready to make a save as Burrows winds up a wild slap shot. Just as Burrows' stick connects with the puck a blinding flash obscures the all-star goalie's vision. The puck blows past the keeper in his shock and the Canucks win the series. A stunned Lundqvist looks up into the silenced crowd at the source of the flash: a horrified man in the stands raises his eyes to the arena lighting which reflected off his chrome-like bald head into Lundqvist's eyes. Mark Messier cost the Rangers the Cup.

Booshami

Apr 19, 2012
Vancouver
I'd rather face NYR in the finals.

In the dying seconds of game 7 Keith Yandle is the last man back looking to make a breakout pass. He fires it up the left wing where a charging Burrows steals and blows by. Alain Vigneault's wide eyes track his ex-player as he bears down on a stalwart Henrik Lundqvist. Lundqvist squares up ready to make a save as Burrows winds up a wild slap shot. Just as Burrows' stick connects with the puck a blinding flash obscures the all-star goalie's vision. The puck blows past the keeper in his shock and the Canucks win the series. A stunned Lundqvist looks up into the silenced crowd at the source of the flash: a horrified man in the stands raises his eyes to the arena lighting which reflected off his chrome-like bald head into Lundqvist's eyes. Mark Messier cost the Rangers the Cup.
Haha, that's awesome. I want a Canadian final tho :)

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
RE: Running Quick.

Teams always did it with Luongo to a pretty crazy extent and got away with lots. Even today, Henrik basically got away with it. We know what he was doing, he knew what he was doing, and if the referees continue to do a **** job of protecting goalies, the Canucks should go into every game against LA expecting to give away a PP for simply falling on Quick.

Everybody does it but us anyway. He's the one guy on the Kings that can't skate away from a hit. You can't always catch Kopitar/Doughty, but Quick is there all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad