Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 Stars 4: Glen Gulutzan Gulugs His Gulatorade with Gulee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
The refs the refs the refs THE STUPID ******* REFs THE REFS the refs the refs WTF THE REFS the refs...I gotta say people, this is SERIOUSLy WHAT THE HECK was going on out there tonite with the boys in stripes, now this here is the NHL that was missing during the lockout, this is the league I love/hated for so long now...this is what was gone, this hatred. WHAT WAS THAT?!?!!

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Seriously though if I was at this game I would have definitely been kicked out.

Topp Spin

STIHL 286
Dec 4, 2010
Alberta
Congrats to Henrik. That was a fantastic ovation and very well deserved for a class act all the way around!

As for the game, this is what, the third or 4th time already in this young season the nucks have blown a 2 goal lead? This time it ended up costing them 2 points. They have got to tighten up. Last year and year before that, going into the 3rd with a lead would just about guarantee this team a regulation win.

Really unfortunate the way this game ended. Very frustrating to watch, especially on Henrik's night.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Vancouver fans standing and cheering. Classless. :shakehead

Although we lost this game, I still found it really exciting. So happy that Kesler is back. That fight sequence was crazy. Never thought i'd see the day when that would happen in a canucks game. :laugh:

Last edited:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Volpatti was was for a point. Lappy and Weise getting beaten did nothing but pump up Dallas.

Didn't lapierre get jacked over the summer? That fight was embarrassing. I know he was never a great fighter, but I thought he was working on it over the summer a bit. Bad. :laugh: Do others think the extra strength has helped his game or hindered his game?

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Still in denial about this loss.

Very true. Have similar feelings, first depressing and heartbreaking loss of the season.

Just a game that the Canucks should've won. With Hank's record, Kesler coming back and getting a point, the surge in second period and multiple chances and posts/crossbars to take a 4-1 or 4-2 lead... All the storylines were set and ready to go but then they blew it in the end and didn't even get a point. Very sad.

I think the Canucks got too comfortable after those 3 quick goals, Hank's record and the fights. Seemed like they can just cruise to victory. Execution and intensity was gone.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Still in denial about this loss.

Fortunately, I was near three monsters and a lot shots in. The loss barely phased me. :laugh:

We were bound to lose eventually. Our defense is still playing somewhat pre-season/early season hockey and needs yet another step forward. We can at least take some positive how vicious our powerplay looked for the first time all season. Give it a few games and we will be back to cutting through PKs like butter.

Outside99*

I feel this one is on the Coach. Ex. Hansen was a force all game and was rewarded with 13:45 of ice-time?

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Won't happen. Can't go back to the goalie that had a sub par game when you have the 06-07 incarnation of Luongo sitting on the bench. Cory will get back in the net in a few games, but Luongo has to be given the next start if you want to operate on a fair basis timeshare for the goalies.

This was rarely the case when Lu was the starter, even when cory outplayed him by a wide margin.

Cory is being **** on by our organization imo.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
LOL reading through this thread is hilarious relax everyone its was one game.

One extremely unlucky game plain and simple.

That's the voice of reason talking... Since when did this board go back to being reasonable.

I thought overall that was a great game by Vancouver. They haven't skated that well in a long time. Want to see that consistently.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
This was rarely the case when Lu was the starter, even when cory outplayed him by a wide margin.

Even if Luongo gets the next game I'd expect Cory to get the marque matchup against the undefeated Hawks. Not a bad place to be at all.

Personally I'd go with Cory next game and go with Lui against Chicago.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com

Cory has never outplayed him by a wide margin.

Not really sure how giving the better performing goalie more starts and ice time is "********" on the other goalie who is costing the team points.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Cory has never outplayed him by a wide margin.

Not really sure how giving the better performing goalie more starts and ice time is "********" on the other goalie who is costing the team points.

let's be honest, this was the only game you could argue that he lost us 2 points

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
let's be honest, this was the only game you could argue that he lost us 2 points

Opening game and Sharks game he was also sub-standard in games where the Canucks played at least even to their opposition. Plus, he's getting over 3 goals a game of support, so even if the team's defense is shaky, he shouldn't be losing this many games.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010

Cory had 6 starts in a row at one point last year, did he not? Cory hasn't experience 10% of the garbage Lu has put up with when AV annually hung him out to dry.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Those weren't even fights. They just dropped the gloves for the hell of it. I didn't see much "hostility." More of a distraction TBH.

Right, but when people talk about how it fired up one team, how do you decide who got fired up? You don't. You just wait to see who plays better, because of course one of the teams will, and then decide it was because of the fight. It's ludicrous.

Of course there is momentum in sports, and I don't doubt for a second that physical play can have some effect, but it would be essentially impossible to discern all the variables in play and make a conclusion. It's just people slapping a narrative on to something.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Those weren't even fights. They just dropped the gloves for the hell of it. I didn't see much "hostility." More of a distraction TBH.

It seemed like they were doing it to pay the fans back for their vocal support. It was awesome...

What I took out of last night is how much more enjoyable the games are when we ice 3 offensive lines. Looking forward to having a 3 line attack again and those points in the game where the team comes in waves. We didn't see as much of that with Malhotra and Pahlsson on the 3rd line.

All in all, one of the best games in recent memory. Can't win 'em all.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Opening game and Sharks game he was also sub-standard in games where the Canucks played at least even to their opposition. Plus, he's getting over 3 goals a game of support, so even if the team's defense is shaky, he shouldn't be losing this many games.

Really Cory to blame for the Sharks and Anaheim loses? The team deserved to lose both. Luongo came in against Anaheim and gave up 2 goals in a period as well. I like Luongo and i am happy he doing well. The problem is all his fans dreaming of Luongo hero status. Luongo is playing great he has played great before, but when chips have been down he has been hit and miss. The team unfortuately seem to know when Luongo is shaky and play terribly in front of him. They do not seem to fall apart with Schneider infront of him.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Didn't lapierre get jacked over the summer? That fight was embarrassing. I know he was never a great fighter, but I thought he was working on it over the summer a bit. Bad. :laugh: Do others think the extra strength has helped his game or hindered his game?

He got a bad grab and got awkward positioning. It happens - especially in fights like that where they get started with an awkward grapple. Fiddler didn't look any too eager to keep things going for very long, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad