Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 @ Coyotes 1 | Yes we beat a non playoff team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
If the Canucks finish 5-5-0 the teams chasing them would need the following to finish ahead of them:

Calgary: 7-2-1
Minnesota: 6-4-0
Winnipeg: 6-3-1
LA: 8-2-1

Realistically, 4-6-0 is probably good enough from here on in.

So this week is WPG Col Dal at home. We had better do well because next week is:

StL Nash Chi on the road

Heres to hoping when we play the Kings again in 7 games we can end their season!

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Sure, bubble teams get 100 points. 3 good bounces you can go from 94 to 100, 3 bad and you can go from 94 to 88.

Of course! 86-100 points is a bubble team :laugh:

Everyone give yourselves a pat on the back for picking us to be a bubble team.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Guy should write a book when he's done, as well as sue the league.
I would absolutely read that. His story is actually really interesting, which is one of the reasons why it's so frustrating to see the media pile on him as though he's some self-entitled d-bag. He would be a media darling if he played for one of CBC's favorites, and a league darling if he played for one of the Grand Old Clubs.

arsmaster*

Kick the first one into the corner and nobody is talking about it.

I place equal blame on that goal.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

:laugh:No kidding! In today's NHL a 14 point spread is huge. Heck, 6 points is often the difference between a solid playoff team and a team on the outside. Once you knock out the tankers, the parity in the NHL is quite obvious. I don't think anyone predicted the Canucks to get to 100 points (and they haven't yet) or to take second in the Pacific (and they haven't yet either). A playoff bubble team is a team fighting for their lives for a wildcard spot.

Nov 1, 2011
Great to see the boys pull one out.

Really glad to see Marky get the win and play well.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
No picnic to end the season. Keep grinding out those wins.

Winnipeg
Colorado
Dallas
St. Louis
Nashville
Chicago
Winnipeg
Los Angeles
Arizona
Edmonton

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006

Not sure why anyone would go by points, given that the level changes every year based on parity. In 06-07 Minnesota had the 7th most points in the West with 104 points. The next year 104 points was good for 3rd in the league.

This year with 4-5 teams on pace to finish with fewer than 70 points (normally there are 1-2) there are more points to go around for the good teams. So yeah, in a year where the 9th place team might end up with 96-97 points, 100 points leaves a pretty narrow margin.

Really, ranking and distance from the cutoff is a far more useful indicator than point totals. Right now they're looking quite good with the 5th most points in the conference and 6 points above the cutoff, but that can change depending on how the final 10 games go. They could quite easily end up with the 7th most points and be only a few points above the playoff line.

damack

Jan 3, 2014
This goal was inexcusable and I'm not going to lay the blame on Marky. That guy never gets to the net for the third shot vs. any respectable defensive duo. He actually doesn't get to the FIRST rebound! A goal on that rebound comes from a teammate driving to the net for the rebound. Same goes for the third shot. It was not scored by a team mate driving the net. It was scored by the original shooter on his second rebound.

I saw it much worse than that. He dipsy doodled the entire Canucks team from behind his own net, without really even getting challenged (except for a wave from McMillan) before getting that first shot off from 30'.

The whole play looked really, really bad. Markstrom was the least of the problem. He looked better as the game went on, which is a good sign.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
:laugh:No kidding! In today's NHL a 14 point spread is huge. Heck, 6 points is often the difference between a solid playoff team and a team on the outside. Once you knock out the tankers, the parity in the NHL is quite obvious. I don't think anyone predicted the Canucks to get to 100 points (and they haven't yet) or to take second in the Pacific (and they haven't yet either). A playoff bubble team is a team fighting for their lives for a wildcard spot.
Which the Canucks were 3 days ago at the 70 game mark. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad