1. Elias Pettersson (175/182)
2. Quinn Hughes (116/129)
3. Thatcher Demko (117/178)
4. Olli Juolevi (74/168)
5. Jonathan Dahlen (87/158)
6. Adam Gaudette (133/156)
7. Kole Lind (70/147)

getty_nikolaygoldobin_2018-01-25.jpg

8. Nikolay Goldobin, F, Vancouver (NHL)/Utica (AHL)
67/146 votes (45.9%)

2017/18 NHL REG 38GP 8G 6A 14P // AHL REG 30GP 9G 22A 31P

Reactions: Grub

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Michael Depietro looked really good at the prospect game and I'm at the point where I don't know much beyond what you can get from hockeyDB, so I'll say him.

Jett Woo after maybe, for the shiny new toy syndrome!

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Tough one.

Too early for a 2nd goalie imo, so Dipietro doesn't get any consideration from me at this point. And not really sure why Zhukenov is on the list at this point. Feel there's at least 2-3 guys in Utica that should be on ahead of him.

But other than those two, a valid argument could be made for any of them.

Jasek looked good last year, but a found $5 bill is more exciting than the $20 bill already in your wallet.

Lockwood, have to question whether he can hold up physically. And Palmu had a good season, but how much of his buzz is the novelty factor?

I went with Woo, but really hard imo to find much separation in this group. Pretty confident at least a couple of these guys will be contributors down the road, which is great for this point in the rankings.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Went with Jasek - he surprised me by coming over to North America, and if he continues his high energy play along with his puck skills, I like his chances. Hansen 2.0?

I think you could probably justify voting for any of the remaining other than Zhukenov - I don't think he will come back to North America.

I would prefer to see MacEwen or Chatfield on the list instead of Zhukenov.

S_C

Last edited:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Could be like 5 or 6 guys. I'm going with Gadj because I feel he has the frame and tenacity to be a role player if he doesn't reach his full potential. Not everyone on the list has that.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Woo is underrated here and he wasn’t even in my top 3 available for when the Canucks picked lol

Plus even if you have him in the same tier as DP:Gadjovich/Palmu/Jasek then you gotta go with the dman

I’d go Rathbone next after Woo and then Gadjovich/DP

Rathbone/Jasek/Lockwood/Madden all seem like wildcards to me with decent upside. I question Gadj’s upside due to his skating and DiPietro’s due to height.

Last edited:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
coin toss, but I think that lockwood has the highest chance of being a regular at this point. All depends on injuries, but he certainly will bring a needed toughness in a few years. Like, you know, when we are Stanley Cup contenders.

Cuz we will have the hughes brothers, Pettersson, boeser and Dahlen scoring on every PP chance.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I think the next group a prospects are all pretty close:

Woo
Dipi
Jasek
Gad
Locky

And then another close group with potential

Rathy
Madden
Brassard
Palmu

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Not going to simply vote for Woo since he’s the new kid on the block and was drafted high. Going to go off the board here (somewhat). From everything I’ve heard... Rathbone sounds like the real deal so he got my vote for now. Think he has the biggest chance to make an impact on this roster. Really looking forward to see how he does this season.

Gadj - Was a boy amongst men in the CHL. Don’t have that luxury anymore. If he’s not the biggest guy on the ice and doesn’t have the speed to keep up I can’t see him making an impact.

Jasek/Palmu - AHL Stars.

Lockwood/Woo/DiPietro up next for me.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Woo since I don’t see too much with the rest of this list. Lots of big projects and long shots which is to be expected at this point. Not overly high on Gadjovich or Lockwood turning out.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Jasek.

I just got a feeling about this one.. haven’t experienced a very late pick do well in the Ahl. Ofcourse it could have just been a fluky couple if games.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Tough choice between DiPietro, Woo and Gad.
I think DiPietro would be the highest ranked of the three by most prospect ranking sites but I feel that Woo probably has the highest chance of carving out a decent hockey career. At this point in the rankings that’s enough to make him my pick.
Besides I’ve always wanted to do this:
Woo!

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Jet Woo for me and I think he will shoot up these rankings fast. He started out this past season on fire but a upper body injury took him out a month. When he returned Josh Brook was hot and then Moose Jaw added Kale Clague pushing Woo down further. I think he turns some heads next season and hopefully we got a 1st rd talent in the 2nd here.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I know people here like the shiny new toy, but the fact remains that Woo was just drafted in the 2nd round. The odds aren't good that he turns a useful NHL player.

I went with Jasek. He's closer to the NHL than the rest of the others on the list and he flashed top-6 potential when he was with Utica.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Went with DiPietro. The guy is likely Team Canada's starter for the WJC in Vancouver! There's no doubt he's the next best prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad