• Jett Woo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Dispense with the drama. It means the poll doesn’t represent the actual depth chart. Would you trust a trip advisor review of someone who’s never been to that city? A car review from someone that hasent even test driven it ?

Relax with the hyperbole.
Which part was hyperbolic?

I'm just a little tired with this growing notion that you can't have an opinion if you don't spend your free time watching obscure hockey games from the other side of the world to get first hand information on a prospect.

If the question is who's opinion would I trust? It would be the scouts and professionals who's articles and reports are available for me to read. Definitely over random hockey fan who's watched some Finnish Hockey league games online. But you seem to look down on people who use said articles to form their opinions.

Reactions: Melvin

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Which part was hyperbolic?

I'm just a little tired with this growing notion that you can't have an opinion if you don't spend your free time watching obscure hockey games from the other side of the world to get first hand information on a prospect.

If the question is who's opinion would I trust? It would be the scouts and professionals who's articles and reports are available for me to read. Definitely over random hockey fan who's watched some Finnish Hockey league games online. But you seem to look down on people who use said articles to form their opinions.

It's both stupid and adorable. Some people watch a handful of low level hockey games and they reckon they are scouts. Despite the fact that there is not one iota of evidence that the amateur scouting done here leads to better projections than evaluations based on reading and statistics, it is still held in such high regard around here.

Nobody cares that you watched three SHL games last year and can use words like "edge work" and "fast twitch." You aren't a scout so get over yourself.

Reactions: vancityluongo

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Kinda puts the WHOLE thing into question when Juolevi goes ahead of Gaudette AND Dahlen. Not sure what people were thinking there, makes NO sense. Should be Gaudette here but looks like wont win which is silly again (no offence to Dahlen of course) :shakehead
Perhaps the truth is people value OJ a whole lot more then you do and your negative attitude towards him is a minority opinion .Most of us think your wrong and perhaps uninformed on him.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
How the hell did Juolevi take 4th spot
Because the vast majority have a very high opinion of him unlike you whose low opinion is a small minority. So you must be right while everyone else is wrong is false .
Its this bad attitude by a small minority that wrongly gives OJ a bad name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad