Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
1. Elias Pettersson (175/182)
2. Quinn Hughes (116/129)
3. Thatcher Demko (117/178)

olli_juolevi_tps-1.jpg

4. Olli Juolevi, D, TPS (Liiga) (5th Overall, 2016)
74/168 votes (44.0%)

2017-18 REG 38GP 7G 12A 19P; PLAYOFFS 11GP 2G 5A 7P; WJHC 5GP 1G 3A

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Meant to vote Gaudette

But I have him and Dahlen dead even basically

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Kinda puts the WHOLE thing into question when Juolevi goes ahead of Gaudette AND Dahlen. Not sure what people were thinking there, makes NO sense. Should be Gaudette here but looks like wont win which is silly again (no offence to Dahlen of course) :shakehead

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Kinda puts the WHOLE thing into question when Juolevi goes ahead of Gaudette AND Dahlen. Not sure what people were thinking there, makes NO sense. Should be Gaudette here but looks like wont win which is silly again (no offence to Dahlen of course) :shakehead

The thread is about best prospect. It's not about best player right now. I voted Juolevi ahead Gaudette and Dahlen. I am voting base on what I project that player To be. For example I think Juolevi will be number 3/4 type D. I see Gaudette as Middle 6 center. Dahlen as a second line winger. 3/4 D has more value than a middle 6 center and a second line winger.

Reactions: Catbug

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
It's almost as if other people have different opinions than you.
But there wrong opinions its pretty clear. Gaudette is a BEAST well we all hope Juolevi puts it together he has A LOT of odds against him and a LONG road ahead of him

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Yep. People continue to over rated Gaudette and project him as a 2nd line center. Currently I see him looking at good 3rd line center. (And for his draft position, that’s a huge win) Until he plays against men, we cannot project him in the top 6 IMO.

For this reason Dahlen is a better prospect.

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
But there wrong opinions its pretty clear. Gaudette is a BEAST well we all hope Juolevi puts it together he has A LOT of odds against him and a LONG road ahead of him

Why is Gaudette a beast? What are the odds Juolevi have against him? How long is this road for Juolevi?

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Yep. People continue to over rated Gaudette and project him as a 2nd line center. Currently I see him looking at good 3rd line center. (And for his draft position, that’s a huge win) Until he plays against men, we cannot project him in the top 6 IMO.

For this reason Dahlen is a better prospect.
Not really getting all the Gaudette hate on here lately. Why not just be patient and watch him begin to dominate before putting your foot in your mouth ya catbug :shakehead

Reactions: Slapshot_11

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Why is Gaudette a beast? What are the odds Juolevi have against him? How long is this road for Juolevi?
1 Gaudette is a beast as he gets better and BETTER at every level. Constantly improves and learns what it takes to bring his game to the NEXT level

2 Odds against Juolevi cause was drafted 2 years ago in top 5 and his play has stagnated or gotten worst

3 Long road cause hasnt shown enough growth and still has a LONG ways infront of him

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
1 Gaudette is a beast as he gets better and BETTER at every level. Constantly improves and learns what it takes to bring his game to the NEXT level

2 Odds against Juolevi cause was drafted 2 years ago in top 5 and his play has stagnated or gotten worst

3 Long road cause hasnt shown enough growth and still has a LONG ways infront of him

You didn't really answer my question though.

1. How is Gaudette getting better and better? I would argue Juolevi, too, is getting better and better.

2. Those are not odds. Odds is a ratio. For example, 6:1

3. You, again, mention LONG. How LONG is LONG?

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
You didn't really answer my question though.

1. How is Gaudette getting better and better? I would argue Juolevi, too, is getting better and better.

2. Those are not odds. Odds is a ratio. For example, 6:1

3. You, again, mention LONG. How LONG is LONG?
1 Gaudette KILLED his last year a USCHL. Then 1st year a college hockey did fantastic for a rook. Then the next two years just got BETTER AND BETTER as more pressure on him and more focus on him. The guys a beaut

2 Odds arent good for him then

C Well since he showed such LITTLE progress the last two years since being drafted he cant just simply make the NHL. And even if hes forced onto the lineup itll be a while before hes useful, IF EVER

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Not really getting all the Gaudette hate on here lately. Why not just be patient and watch him begin to dominate before putting your foot in your mouth ya catbug :shakehead
There is no hate. Everyone really likes Gaudette, and every single person on here wants him to meet and exceed his expectations. Some happen to think that a few other prospects, at this moment in time, might project better than him. That is all.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Juolevi would garner a better return in a trade out of him,Gaudette and Dahlen.That's why i voted for him.Gaudette and Dahlen will be really good players too but there's zero evidence they'll be better than Juolevi,a guy who gets no respect because most wanted T-whatshisface in the draft for some weird reason.I'm glad they drafted Juolevi instead of overrated boy.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I went Gaudette here. I don't care a lot about these tasks, but I like his accomplishments this year over Dahlen. Gaudette probably doesn't have the same high end upside as Dahlen.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Gaudette over Dahlen. Hobey Baker Award as the top NCAA player. More NHL ready. Keeps progressing rapidly.

Just a friendly reminder. The thread is not about who is most nhl ready prospect. Guadette is a year older make sense he is more nhl ready. What kind of argument is that? Dahlen played in a tougher league. Dahlen a 19/20 year old playing against men. Gaudette a 21 year playing against large percentage of players that are 18 to 21.

If you are using Hoby Baker as your argument. Quinn Hughes played college and he didn't win the Hoby Baker. So Gaudette better than Quinn Hughes?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Just a friendly reminder. The thread is not about who is most nhl ready prospect. Guadette is a year older make sense he is more nhl ready. What kind of argument is that? Dahlen played in a tougher league. Dahlen a 19/20 year old playing against men. Gaudette a 21 year playing against large percentage of players that are 18 to 21.

If you are using Hoby Baker as your argument. Quinn Hughes played college and he didn't win the Hoby Baker. So Gaudette better than Quinn Hughes?
Gaudette played in the NHL last season and looked perfectly capable. He didn’t produce but he was generating chances. He is pretty much a lock to have an NHL career. I like Dahlin but I’ll avoid getting too excited until I see how he performs in Utica. Gaudette all the way

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad