• Jett Woo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Gaudette projects as a high end 3rd liner, dahlen as a 2nd line winger, Juolevi as a #3 Dman, and Demko as a high end starter (however value is low cause the risk of being a goalie prospect).

Pretty easy decision for Juolevi at 3 IMO.

Given your first paragraph it seems that sentence should have ended with Demko's name, not Juolevi's. How is a #3 more valuable than a high end #1? Not really sure what you mean by the parentheses.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
im not saying demko can't be worth more, im saying right now the average demko on the trade costs about what we used to pick demko four years ago. in general i think that unless you have a kid whos name is johnny vancouver and is powered by the seawall, assets are fungible and should be evaluated on what they contribute to a team in value (similarly, teams should be build by acquiring the highest value possible in all avenues and working top down). i dont think those statements contradict one another

if someone wanted to point out the flaw in my reasoning it would be that we acquired dahlen for an old busted winger, but i think its pretty clear that we fleeced a moron and a competent GM should have rendered more in return

This is essentially what I was getting to in saying your posts contradicted each other:

no, i think you're right. at least on a personal level, i rank prospects on a kind of trading scale - ie: i try to be confident that i would always trade my #4 for my #3, #3 for #2, #6 for any of 5-1, etc. there's definitely a little more nuance than the trade market itself because gms can be capricious and stupid

GM's are dumb and the market is not at all efficient, so market value can't be taken at a face value without some nuance in judgment. Just because Juolevi probably has the highest trade value of the list here (Griffin Reinhart) doesn't mean much more than that he was once taken with a 5th overall pick. Pedigree screws everything up. Potential (pitseleh's Ehlers vs Virtanen example) furthers this issue.

nucker11

Apr 15, 2014
British Columbia
Given your first paragraph it seems that sentence should have ended with Demko's name, not Juolevi's. How is a #3 more valuable than a high end #1? Not really sure what you mean by the parentheses.

That may be where he is trending currently, however it holds alot more risk than Juolevi.

Goalie's development isn't a sure enough thing to warrant being placed ahead of a D man who most people believe is a safe bet to be a #3 D man.

I do have Demko ranked ahead of Gaudette and Dahlen though.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
That may be where he is trending currently, however it holds alot more risk than Juolevi.

Goalie's development isn't a sure enough thing to warrant being placed ahead of a D man who most people believe is a safe bet to be a #3 D man.

I do have Demko ranked ahead of Gaudette and Dahlen though.

Not really true around here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad