Canucks 2014-2015 Avatar Thread!

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Ok so with training camp less than a month away and our roster pretty much set, I figured now would be a good time to start brainstorming ideas for avatars for the upcoming season. Once we have a few ideas everyone likes, I'll add a poll to decide the winner. So lets hear those ideas!

Also with TPM on hiatus from the boards until further notice, we'll need someone whos good with photoshop to make em this year (I'm lookin at you Zombo).

My idea is going with the Willie D theme and putting mustaches on all the players.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
For Kassian's I feel the need for disturbing to be mentioned along with the Kassian gif.

And for Horvat "fat" must be mentioned

That's all I've got.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
A play on the "Change is coming" would be great.

AQWsr8P.gif

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Wouldn't Gillis be Ned? He did get chopped after all. Now who would Torts be...

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Too bad we don't have Schroeder anymore. He would make a great imp. Trymakin must be the mountain and if we drafted Nylander he could have been Daenerys.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Maybe make Linden Tyrion and Benning Bron. Actually can someone just photoshop that anyways for a good chuckle.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I am all for Game of Thrones, change is coming.

Kassian's head poking out of dog's helmet would work.

I would like to see edler as brianne of tarth.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Am I the only one who doesn't watch Game of Thrones?

No... I seen half an episode once... Lets just hope that the Canucks play faster then that show moves along...

I like pokeing fun at change is coming, not a fan of the GOT idea... I would like to be more ironic then pop culture...

Such as a photo of the Sedins, then "change is coming" then the same Sedin photo just reversed...

or Change is coming, then we now have 5 new types of hot dogs, then Garrets face.

or Change is coming, then the logo of the MH tigers with the Vancouver above it like the jersey logo...

Last edited:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Breaking my work induced hiatus to point out that Tampa did a GoT theme for their playoffs avatars so the idea isn't as original as people would likely want it to be.

Jabba The Hutton

Nucks STH
Jul 28, 2009
UBC
For some reason when I thought of "Change is Coming" for the Canucks, I thought of the old Slapshot movie. All the Canucks would need is the Sedin's third brother to come and play. :laugh:
hansonbros.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA