Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Maple Leafs 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneezy

Oct 25, 2019
Benn not at practice..Hopefully, just a maintenance day for him...Leaf fans look at the Western Canada road swing as an easy part of their schedule...(Since they beat the SC champ Blues,the rest of the league should be a cakewalk right?).

Reading the brown stuff on Toronto Star and other national television sites it seems the Canucks and other western teams should not even show up. Toronto is going to win all the games by a score of 6 - 1. Pajama boy will score half of them.

I always want to watch the Nucks destroy the Laughs and if Green needs any help in getting the team up for the game they only need to print out the reports from the Star.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I think the Leafs win. Without Edler we’ve been a mess defensively. Yes we have an offence that can hang in a back and forth shootout, but I don’t like our chances against the Leafs with how we’ve been playing defensively lately. And if Markstrom is back from travelling to Sweden on a very emotional trip I don’t expect him to stand on his head, which is what we’d need to win. But I will say, if the Leafs take too many penalties then I think we have a good chance to win. Our PP can be deadly.

Also the Leafs are possibly the most underrated team in the league. They (especially their top players) get so much criticism it’s insane. People are acting like Matthews is having a horrendous season yet he has 18 goals in 31 games.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I do find it interesting that the Leafs seem to be trending downwards as an organization while the Canucks are clearly trending upwards. It’s funny to me because I was told that the Leafs had rebuilt their team “the correct way,” while the Canucks and their management had done everything wrong. The Leafs have been the poster boy for how to rebuild the “correct way,” and not only have they not won a single playoff round since 2002, but their self-inflicted cap problems seem like it will likely prevent them from being anything more than a 2nd round team.....maybe a one-off 3rd round appearance.

meanwhile, the Canucks look poised and ready to go deep in 2021-2022. Mark that year on your calendar folks. You heard it here first.
Oh God. Arty57 who claims to be a Nuck fan always spewing his Shannaplan crap. I won't even criticize using 50% of the cap on 4 players if it was spread around positions, but having it tied up on 4 forwards eating that much is baffling. I mean when he signed JT the team was already a great offensive team but lacked depth and D. He knew a cap crunch would be forthcoming but completely ignored it. Next summer they most likely lose Barrie and Muzzin and will be forced to ice rookies and plugs. Meanwhile, we have 19 mill minimum in cap space with only Marky will need a raise Tanev if he is signed could be given extra term to offset an at par or lesser dollar value. After next season 39 mill comes off with all the Vets except Myers the season after, including the cap recapture penalty. Looking at the prospects most vets will be replaced by incoming youth. Given all the elcs the team will have plus a big bump in cap, the team could possibly be in a position to add high-end talent where needed.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
When was the last time Markstrom was our best player or had 40 saves. Other than the Ottawa game our goaltending has been pretty average for a good part of a month.
That's a pretty broad statement. Marky has been lights-out since tje Dallas game considering the off ice issues its even more impressive. Demko has been exposed making Benning's decision on signing Marky easier. Demko needs to spend some time with Ian and regroup. He's still a rook and teams have exposed his weaknesses his blocker side and positioning have not been good for a month since the Jets game.

Reactions: bh53

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
that playoff bubble team finished with the 7th most points and 4th most regulation wins in the league last year, for the record.
Well to be fair you were one of the worst teams after January and have the 7th worst points% this season got a coach fired, have no cap, no backup goalie, are forced to ice a 20 man roster at times and have 37% odds of making the playoffs. Maybe pump the tires in your own thread?

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Leafs have been rather Jekyll and Hyde since the coaching change....given that they're still 5 points out of the playoff picture, I have to imagine they'll be hungry for this win. Marner's return does not help our chances. It will be interesting to see which teams show up, on both sides.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Turning point for the Leafs season. They come together for a big win and march their way to the cup.

It's not that I think the Leafs are the best team in the league, it's just one of the worst possible outcomes for the season and it's become clear the hockey gods want us to suffer.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This is such a big game, and I am very excited to watch it.
i really hope it's a high scoring fun exciting game.
I think the style of play the leafs play will be great for EP40, I see him having a huge night.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
It is a big game. I think Petey will get 2 points, and HuggyBear is going to have another big two point night, but sadly I don't believe it will be enough. I predict a 4-2 win for the leafs. Just feels like one of those games where we're gonna be flat, and the opposition is gonna be jumpin'. Call it a hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad