Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1 @ Canadiens 3 -- Sacre bloody Bleu

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
You're right. And as WD stated, road trips like these keep you in it. Sure we slipped a little in the standings, but we're still within striking distance of top spot.

Based on what I've seen this season, I would expect the Canucks to win the next few games. A little rest should do them well.

If this slump continues for the rest of the month then there's reason for concern. But right now, nobody should be concerned.

You're scaring me. ;) This is exactly right.

Rest up. 3 days off, get back at em Saturday.

erik19

May 1, 2006
eh

i was there

sang the anthem in french cuz i did french immersion

not much to cheer about aside from beliveau

how many 'chances' did the canucks have? 1? the one they scored on?

disappointing end to the road trip. canucks missing hamhuis bad on D...2 bottom 3 pairs with him out

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Nutrition is about balance. It's fine to have treats like McDonalds or whatever once or twice a week but you have to balance that out with a good diet the other days. Unfortunately a lot of mass marketed health foods are terrible for you nutritionally, hence why people find it a struggle to maintain balance or health.

Of course. This I'm on board with 100%. Personally, I never fall for all the special health products that claim they can do all sorts of amazing things. If you want to eat healthy, it's much easier and better to simply go with the basic, time tested stuff like fruit, vegetables, nuts, oatmeal etc. You can't go wrong. :)

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Could just be me, but it seems like Bonino is battling something right now, his skating has been underwhelming as of late, hasn't been moving like he did at the start of the year.

Horvat was playing well all night, so Willie swapped them. Worked out nicely.

Nice to hear, thanks. For sure didn't expect to see that happen.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Did somebody say...

...falling back to earth?

Barzal-575x383.jpg

-----------------------

9638435.jpg

"I'm okay with this!"

Jun 15, 2014
If we want to talk about nutrition, then all processed foods are a no go for a healthy diet. Organic food only, but wait... Pesticides are used to maintain the freshness of fruits and vegetables.

Unless you can grow your own ****, then you're pretty much ****ed. lol

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
If we want to talk about nutrition, then all processed foods are a no go for a healthy diet. Organic food only, but wait... Pesticides are used to maintain the freshness of fruits and vegetables.

See, this is where I draw the line though. I don't get too worked up about stuff like pesticides. There's only so much you can do. Growing up, my parents never bought organic food and, again, I'm just fine. But hey, that's just me.

Don't hate me, but for me there's being careful about what you buy and eat and there's entering the realm of snobbish.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

Pesticides are rarely a problem if you soak your produce in the sink with a capful of bleach or a cup of vinegar. Rinse thoroughly.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
There was few guys carrying the team. Lot of baggage right now. Neither of the first two line were good and this team can't be carried by the 3rd and 4th line. I think there are times when the team has to play strictly defensively and not do all the puck pursuit in every situation. Tonight they were trying to hang in and needed maybe send one guy in on the forecheck and be defensive in their pinches. Eventually got caught and gave up the the rush that cost them the game. Need to change gears at times or have a change in gears.

The Good

Miller - nearly stole them a game. Looked like a shooting gallery lot of the time.

Hansen - is he our best forward? His two way hockey is outstanding. Looks most likely to prevent goals and create them. Absolutely reliable.

Dorsett - guy is simply a player. Dogged in every area of the game. Benning get a pen out and re-sign him now.

Edler - might question whether Hansen is our best forward but no question who is our best player. Edler is playing fantastic hockey.

Tanev - never quits and is totally committed. Does so much to help the team. Great on the 5 on 3 and throughout the game.

Sedins - especially Henrik. Was this time last year that they began to tank. Last couple of games have been frightening like post December play last year. Henrik made dreadful turnovers. In fact, as the game went on you could practically predict the next turnover. Kept forcing passes and never adjusted to anything Montreal was doing. You hope this was just the results of long road trip since if this type of play continues the Canucks are in a deep hole moving ahead.

Bonino - crashing to earth after a good start. Play in his own end is not good enough and outside of couple of decent passes never produced anything like consistent offense.

Jensen - better in the third but overall continues to look lost and tentative. On the first goal against could have tried to eliminate Gallager from the play but instead let Gallager cut in for the shot. Guess he expected the defenseman was there but he shouldn't expect others to do his work. Still doesn't look strong enough to penetrate to the net and still hasn't learned to play strong defensively. Disappointing right now but hopefully can refine his game in the AHL. Earlier I speculated whether Jensen was better than Vey. Well I was dead wrong about that.

Other thoughts

Higgins and Bieksa with better games. Bieksa still prone to the long hoper passes but at least one worked out in this game

Road trip could have been a disaster and wasn't that so that's a positive. However, play of the Sedins and Miller, at points on the trip, was disturbing.

Jun 15, 2014
See, this is where I draw the line though. I don't get too worked up about stuff like pesticides. There's only so much you can do. Growing up, my parents never bought organic food and, again, I'm just fine. But hey, that's just me.

Exactly. There's no getting away from it, when milk, cheese and almost all beef contains 0.1-1g of trans fat per serving size, it's tough to live a physiologically optimal life.

So back on topic, Gatorade is completely mute. Its ****, just like everything else. Drink it if you want, it'll give you some energy, just like soda pop will.

Jun 15, 2014
There was few guys carrying the team. Lot of baggage right now. Neither of the first two line were good and this team can't be carried by the 3rd and 4th line. I think there are times when the team has to play strictly defensively and not do all the puck pursuit in every situation. Tonight they were trying to hang in and needed maybe send one guy in on the forecheck and be defensive in their pinches. Eventually got caught and gave up the the rush that cost them the game. Need to change gears at times or have a change in gears.

The Good

Miller - nearly stole them a game. Looked like a shooting gallery lot of the time.

Hansen - is he our best forward? His two way hockey is outstanding. Looks most likely to prevent goals and create them. Absolutely reliable.

Dorsett - guy is simply a player. Dogged in every area of the game. Benning get a pen out and re-sign him now.

Edler - might question whether Hansen is our best forward but no question who is our best player. Edler is playing fantastic hockey.

Tanev - never quits and is totally committed. Does so much to help the team. Great on the 5 on 3 and throughout the game.

Sedins - especially Henrik. Was this time last year that they began to tank. Last couple of games have been frightening like post December play last year. Henrik made dreadful turnovers. In fact, as the game went on you could practically predict the next turnover. Kept forcing passes and never adjusted to anything Montreal was doing. You hope this was just the results of long road trip since if this type of play continues the Canucks are in a deep hole moving ahead.

Bonino - crashing to earth after a good start. Play in his own end is not good enough and outside of couple of decent passes never produced anything like consistent offense.

Jensen - better in the third but overall continues to look lost and tentative. On the first goal against could have tried to eliminate Gallager from the play but instead let Gallager cut in for the shot. Guess he expected the defenseman was there but he shouldn't expect others to do his work. Still doesn't look strong enough to penetrate to the net and still hasn't learned to play strong defensively. Disappointing right now but hopefully can refine his game in the AHL. Earlier I speculated whether Jensen was better than Vey. Well I was dead wrong about that.

Other thoughts

Higgins and Bieksa with better games. Bieksa still prone to the long hoper passes but at least one worked out in this game

Road trip could have been a disaster and wasn't that so that's a positive. However, play of the Sedins and Miller, at points on the trip, was disturbing.

Completely agree about the Sedins.. Man did they look bad, giveaway after giveaway all night long.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Exactly. There's no getting away from it, when milk, cheese and almost all beef contains 0.1-1g of trans fat per serving size, it's tough to live a physiologically optimal life.

So back on topic, Gatorade is completely mute. Its ****, just like everything else. Drink it if you want, it'll give you some energy, just like soda pop will.

Yep, pretty much my mentality. Like tpm was talking about, though, as long as it's in moderation.

Sweet post-game deviation y'all.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Nutrition is about balance. It's fine to have treats like McDonalds or whatever once or twice a week but you have to balance that out with a good diet the other days. Unfortunately a lot of mass marketed health foods are terrible for you nutritionally, hence why people find it a struggle to maintain balance or health.

Well said.

I lost ~70 pounds a couple years ago and one of the most important factors IMO is that I let myself do/eat whatever I wanted on Fridays. Gave me something to look forward to and made being healthy every other day more sustainable.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I think the twins are just gassed, they're not super young but it was a long trip.

I'll worry about them if this continues into the homestand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad