Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1 @ Canadiens 3 -- Sacre bloody Bleu

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Actually if you drink enough of it, it will kill you. It's called diabetes.

Uh, okay, well you could say that about a lot of things.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that I grew up playing a variety of competitive sports, drank a lot of gatorade/powerade, and I'm just fine. I just think it's funny how paranoid people are nowadays. I know people who are legitimately scared of things like white bread or too insecure to go into a McDonald's. It's just funny.

That's what I love about my girlfriend: she's in great shape, yet she's not scared to go into McDonald's and order a Big Mac meal supersized. Love it!

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
18-9-2. How's that for an excuse?

The "what have you done for me lately" act grows awfully tiresome awfully fast.

Every team goes through slumps. I'm still not convinced this team is for real, but they are a hell of a lot better than I expected going into the season. I'd say what this team has done to start this year has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Every team goes through slumps. I'm still not convinced this team is for real, but they are a hell of a lot better than I expected going into the season. I'd say what this team has done to start this year has earned the benefit of the doubt.

y2k has been abducted and replaced by someone else I swear.

Jun 15, 2014
Chicagos recent 6-1 road trip thinks your theory is flawed

So we didn't look tired, we just decided to play with less intensity and effort, right?

IMO, the Canucks should've and could've gone 6-1 on this roadtrip, we played a heck of a game in Detroit, we out played Toronto and we spent a 2nd period on the PK against the Sens. That game we also started noticibly looking fatigued and tired. The only game we deserved to lose on this trip was tonight, maybe against the Sens for our terrible defensive play, but still we were a blown call away from wining 4-3 in regulation.

This just in: NHL Players are bionic, they never get tired.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Uh, okay, well you could say that about a lot of things.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that I grew up playing a variety of competitive sports, drank a lot of gatorade/powerade, and I'm just fine. I just think it's funny how paranoid people are nowadays. I know people who are legitimately scared of things like white bread or too insecure to go into a McDonald's. It's just funny.

That's what I love about my girlfriend: she's in great shape, yet she's not scared to go into McDonald's and order a Big Mac meal supersized. Love it!

Round is a shape ;)

I kid, I kid. Good for her. Some people have better metabolism than others. It's also within moderation. I bet your girlfriend wouldn't be in such great shape if she went into McDonalds and ordered a Big Mac meal, super sized every day.

I'm currently in training and all I drink is water. I'm in the gym 2 hours a day, and at the track on top of that for another hour (three times a week for the 2-a day) and I'm feeling just great drinking water.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Going .500 on a road trip is not bad, but the team is starting to fall back to earth in terms of their play. Their record is a bit misleading simply because of the fact that at least 5 of the Canucks wins came against horrid oilers and avalanche teams. Injuries to key players are also is a factor, but every team goes through that.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Round is a shape ;)

I kid, I kid. Good for her. Some people have better metabolism than others. It's also within moderation. I bet your girlfriend wouldn't be in such great shape if she went into McDonalds and ordered a Big Mac meal, super sized every day.

I'm currently in training and all I drink is water. I'm in the gym 2 hours a day, and at the track on top of that for another hour (three times a week for the 2-a day) and I'm feeling just great drinking water.

It's really going to suck the day my metabolism goes out the door. I eat, and eat a lot. Yet I'm literally the skinniest guy around. Ah well, enjoy it while I can.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Team looked gassed at the end of one of the toughest road trips you'll ever see. Gutted it out but didn't get a result. Disappointing but it's done with.

What on earth is the league thinking with all-French refs for a Montreal game at any point, much less the Beliveau tribute game? Ridiculous, with a predictable result.

- Miller needed a good game, and delivered. Solid performance.

- Tanev easily the best Canuck, just a tower of strength. Edler ok although his skating looked a bit laboured at times.

- 2nd pairing again garbage. Sbisa outright stunk tonight, constantly putting the team on the back foot with brutal outlet passing and turnovers, then caught in no-mans land on the winning goal. Bieksa not a lot better.

- Weber looked like a 7th defender tonight. Stanton, on the other hand, had another solid game and had rounded back into form on this road trip. Would like to see him put back with Bieksa.

- Sedins with an atrocious game, looked like they were skating in sand. Looked tired and looked their age tonight.

- 2nd line is officially AWOL. Poor games again for all 3 players. Bonino is at least doing a good job defensively.

- Richardson worked hard but that line is pretty hopeless right now. Jensen should go back to the AHL, always on the wrong side of the play defensively.

- 4th line the bright spot up front, only guys moving their feet. Horvat gets a deserved promotion.

- PP stinks. First unit just completely static, 2nd unit a joke. PK great again though.

Need to get home, get rested and healthy, and start stringing some results together again.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Going .500 on a road trip is not bad, but the team is starting to fall back to earth in terms of their play. Their record is a bit misleading simply because of the fact that at least 5 of the Canucks wins came against horrid oilers and avalanche teams. Injuries to key players are also is a factor, but every team goes through that.

Uhh... Oiler wins count just as much as any other win. And we lost to Colorado. Your logic is flawed. Very flawed.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

what is falling back to earth? 6th overall pick? uh oh.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Jensens compete level is higher then Kassians.

Im talking when the puck is deep in the offensive zone and behind the net. Kassian can protect that puck and cycle like a boss. Jensen shows flashes off the rush but hasn't shown the ability to successfully create offense off the cycle which is in direct correlation to not winning puck battles.

This is the NHL where the big boys play. You can have all the skill you can imagine but unless you have the drive it won't amount to anything. If you want to stick in the nhl you have to show you want it and show some hunger. Come playoff time, space becomes a premium and every puck battle becomes that more important.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Round is a shape ;)

Naturally.

Regarding the 2nd part of your post, that's good. I respect that. Too many people want to get healthy just by going on crazy diets because they don't want to put in the effort to exercise. I shouldn't really be one to talk given I've been slacking for awhile in that regard, but in general I've always preferred to indulge but get a lot of exercise, rather than not be very physical and constrain myself to a disgusting, stingy diet.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

You're right. And as WD stated, road trips like these keep you in it. Sure we slipped a little in the standings, but we're still within striking distance of top spot.

Based on what I've seen this season, I would expect the Canucks to win the next few games. A little rest should do them well.

If this slump continues for the rest of the month then there's reason for concern. But right now, nobody should be concerned.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Naturally.

Regarding the 2nd part of your post, that's good. I respect that. Too many people want to get healthy just by going on crazy diets because they don't want to put in the effort to exercise. I shouldn't really be one to talk given I've been slacking for awhile in that regard, but in general I've always preferred to indulge but get a lot of exercise, rather than not be very physical and constrain myself to a disgusting, stingy diet.

Nutrition is about balance. It's fine to have treats like McDonalds or whatever once or twice a week but you have to balance that out with a good diet the other days. Unfortunately a lot of mass marketed health foods are terrible for you nutritionally, hence why people find it a struggle to maintain balance or health.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Naturally.

The key is to go HAM on that one day a week cheat day. Saturday, you can't come fast enough ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad