Pre-Game Talk: Canuck @ Penguins Dec 4th @ 4pm. SNET 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Maybe people should take a look at the schedule and realize that perhaps the obvious reason is the real reason. Desjardins is pretty darn typical and old school in this...back up gets second night of back to backs especially early in the season.

I'm not sure its Willy D who is making those decisions as to who starts.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
Of course not. You only suggested that WD and Miller conspired together to pull Lack from the WAS game in order for Miller to get the start...which goes to speak to when I said it was nonsense that WD was 'protecting' Miller, to which you said

And I followed up with...

Right...and Miller strong-armed WD into letting him start, instead of Lack, AND/OR WD plotted against Lack like some cartoon villain to make him think he was going to get the start, but then pulled the rug from under him and gave it to Miller all the while rubbing his palms together and laughing an evil laugh.

When you said that Lack was overdue, I pointed out that Coach D thought that the WAS game was probably a good one to put him in and Miller thought otherwise. Where did I make an inference? Unless you doubt what Coach D reported, you have nothing to say about what I said there.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
And of course WD would allow a player to dictate when he plays and when he doesn't play. Sounds so Willie D to me! :laugh:

Do you know Willie D more than the rest of us? It's a real possibility that he's caving to his big money #1 goalie.

Something he wouldn't have encountered really coaching lower levels.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
And of course WD would allow a player to dictate when he plays and when he doesn't play. Sounds so Willie D to me! :laugh:

"But Miller said it’s tough for a guy with a day off (before the game).
(Miller pointed out) it’s hard for Eddie when we didn’t practice yesterday for him to be in the rhythm.
It’s easier for the guy who is playing all the time.
I thought that was a good comment by Miller."

Thats exactly what happened.

Another quote for you

"Donny, youre out of your element"

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Because that's what Miller is doing.....fo sho.

This is exactly how the crap about Miller being poison in the dressing room got started in Buffalo. It starts with a media hack who needs fodder to increase his following. He stirs up the fringe numbers who dislike Miller in the first place for a variety of congered up ideas and then those individuals take the new gospel to the internet pages and it festers for game after game and season after season as more and more "evidence" is released to prove the latest crap and on and on. It's really amazing how some can come to believe their own ideations are factual.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
When you said that Lack was overdue, I pointed out that Coach D thought that the WAS game was probably a good one to put him in and Miller thought otherwise. Where did I make an inference? Unless you doubt what Coach D reported, you have nothing to say about what I said there.

Forgive me and please accept my apology if there was some article or report or audio, that I missed, and that you were privy to that showed that Miller did indeed override WD's decision to start Lack, as a means to protect himself.

If anything it looked as if Miller was protecting Lack, and not WD 'protecting' Miller.

In the end, Miller got the win, the Nucks got the 2 points, and Lack will get more practice time before starting against the Pens.

So, again, I reiterate, that this notion that WD is 'protecting' Miller is nonsense.

“We talked about it. (Lack) will probably get some chances here,†Desjardins said. “We’re trying to find the best spot to put him in.â€

Some chances aside from those back-to-back situations?

“We talked as a group (about tonight). I thought Miller was really good. We talked about maybe today going with Eddie. But Miller said it’s tough for a guy with a day off (before the game).

“(Miller pointed out) it’s hard for Eddie when we didn’t practice yesterday for him to be in the rhythm.

“It’s easier for the guy who is playing all the time.

“I thought that was a good comment by Miller. It’s good to see them working as a group.â€

I’m just impressed a Vancouver head coach is meeting with his goalies.

- See more at: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/1...after-having-lacks-back/#sthash.h7zuGWgX.dpuf

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Willie's in the business of winning games.
He feels that Miller gives him the best chance to do that. It's tough to argue with the results so far.
At some time though, I think they need to cut Miller's workload a bit or they risk burning him out.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I really hope you're don't believe that Miller was simply being a good guy and was protecting his buddy Lack.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I really hope you're don't believe that Miller was simply being a good guy and was protecting his buddy Lack.

Of course not. Look at his history. All the guys who ever backed up Miller all complained about how he disliked them, disrespected them, and tried to make sure they didn't get any game time. Not so.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
Forgive me and please accept my apology if there was some article or report or audio, that I missed, and that you were privy to that showed that Miller did indeed override WD's decision to start Lack, as a means to protect himself.

If anything it looked as if Miller was protecting Lack, and not WD 'protecting' Miller.

In the end, Miller got the win, the Nucks got the 2 points, and Lack will get more practice time before starting against the Pens.

So, again, I reiterate, that this notion that WD is 'protecting' Miller is nonsense.
Please forgive me and accept my apology if there was some post where I said that Coach D is protecting Miller.

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
I read the last two pages thinking that Lack wasn't in goal tonight because of how you guys were talking. Miller isn't dictating his starts. That article everyone is quoting says that they were in there as a group. Lack could've countered Miller's point by saying that he feels good and is ready to play. This is so minor that it's not worth talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad