Can't win all those 3-0 deficits Habs 2-3 Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
I was at the game tonight behind the Yotes net and I notice how many shot were getting blocked or missed. Smith made some good saves but he didn't steal the game. First time I had seats that close (5th row) man those Chucky dekes and Subban plays were amazing to see irl. At least the ending was entertaining, now that our best player is back against the NYI we should be better I just hope they play a 60 minute game this time

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Condon has done a respectable joband has won games but he he's only a backup goaltender and we shouldn't expect him to be another Price. His stats aren't bad. When he gives up 3 goals the Habs have to score 4 to win it. That's not fair to him. Some forwards are scoring reasonably well (Pacioretty, Weise, Gallagher, Desharnais) and Plekanec, Eller, and Fleischmann are chipping in, and a Subban and Markov are getting on the scoreboard. Other players (Galchenyuk, Semin. and Beaulieu) aren't meeting even minimum expectations.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Wow thank god Therrien refuses to change up the lines. Don't know what we would do without them virtually the exact same as the season opener. Wouldnt want to switch things up in case we mess with the **** play we have going on.

Props to MT for showing the patience to not change a thing despite playing like trash for about the last 8-10 games. Awesome. At least the lineups in the GDT's won't ever be wrong!

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Wow thank god Therrien refuses to change up the lines. Don't know what we would do without them virtually the exact same as the season opener. Wouldnt want to switch things up in case we mess with the **** play we have going on.

Props to MT for showing the patience to not change a thing despite playing like trash for about the last 8-10 games. Awesome. At least the lineups in the GDT's won't ever be wrong!

You're not very observant. MT separated Desharnais and Pacioretty and made other major changes since the beginning of the season. He gave Weise a lot more responsibility and he sat Semin.

The two biggest threats, Pacioretty and Weise, each scored a goal. Unfortunately, certain others were conspicuously missing in action. I wonder who they are?!

Last edited:

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Since Mitchell is injured, they will need to call up someone.

Just watch Therrien put Flynn on the 2nd line and Holloway/McCarron on the 4th.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I though they played fine yesterday. It's unfortunate they went down early on two savable goals. That said, I don't have many issues with the way the team has played all year round. If this is a "slump" for the Habs, then we're in good waters. Even in this slump, every game was winnable.

I thought Chucky's line was the best line last night...they finally had a good game.

The only adjustment I would make is put Flash on the PP. He's deserved it for sure. He along with Gallagher and DD have been the best forwards this season. He definitely has a good offensive track record to have confidence taht he'll produce on it.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I think Condon is tired at this point. Basically everywhere he's played he's never been the go-to #1 guy over a full year so he's used to splitting the net, or playing as backup.

Last year he started out hot in the AHL but cooled off as the season went on, seems like he's more effective with a lower workload.

Can't complain, he's stepped up huge with Price out.. he deserves a ton of credit being put into a tough spot like this.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think Condon is tired at this point. Basically everywhere he's played he's never been the go-to #1 guy over a full year so he's used to splitting the net, or playing as backup.

Last year he started out hot in the AHL but cooled off as the season went on, seems like he's more effective with a lower workload.

Can't complain, he's stepped up huge with Price out.. he deserves a ton of credit being put into a tough spot like this.
Bang on..,props to Condon, but glad Price is back, he covers alot of issues when the team doesn't play the best...

Semin back in for Mitchell, I would think...?

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I though they played fine yesterday. It's unfortunate they went down early on two savable goals. That said, I don't have many issues with the way the team has played all year round. If this is a "slump" for the Habs, then we're in good waters. Even in this slump, every game was winnable.

I thought Chucky's line was the best line last night...they finally had a good game.

The only adjustment I would make is put Flash on the PP. He's deserved it for sure. He along with Gallagher and DD have been the best forwards this season. He definitely has a good offensive track record to have confidence taht he'll produce on it.

Agree on all counts. Condon got his **** together after the first two bad goals. We outplayed them, missed a bazillion shots, but oh well, onto the next one. If that's our bad games? Yeah....

But but but pacioretty's smile??? Kidding, but that gdt was hilarious :laugh:

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011

So if he constantly changes the lines we blame him. If he doesn't (apparently the players requested more line stability) we also blame him.

Nice

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON

There have been 2 lines that have not been touched, 1st and DD line. And they have consistently produced.

The other 2 lines have seen changes based on level of play. And we have been playing very good hockey even if we didn't win every game.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
So if he constantly changes the lines we blame him. If he doesn't (apparently the players requested more line stability) we also blame him.

Nice

Ya because when Therrien put the lines through the blender, he would change everything except for DD-Max. Let's not be disingenuous. Of course now that DD's line is semi-clicking he won't touch the lines except that Galchenyuk has gone through more wingers than a baby goes through diapers. Would hate to think where our youth would be without this great development coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad