GDT: Canes vs. Pens: Slump Busters edition

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
3rd goal to Lowe unassisted

This is the Canes GDT. The Checkers thread is that way.

I really think the pens ought to wear those black and yellows all the time. I've never liked these off-gold things

Disagree. Love the Vegas gold look. Great way to stay true to Pittsburgh's black and gold colors while enabling one to easily differentiate their color scheme from Boston.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Disagree. Love the Vegas gold look. Great way to stay true to Pittsburgh's black and gold colors while enabling one to easily differentiate their color scheme from Boston.

I don't think the gold is atrocious, just like the others better. How do you feel about the powder blues?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So looking at the game logs, Eric Staal has scored 1 goal in his last 20 games.

And oh, Crosby with an embellishment, surprise, surprise.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Really good game from Cam, probably the best game for either goalie in a month and a half.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
So glad they came away with the win... they finished the game with some strong play there. Let's hope they remember what it takes to close out games.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I don't think the gold is atrocious, just like the others better. How do you feel about the powder blues?

Likewise I odn't think the yellow is atrocious but I prefer it as a third jersey. Likewise I liked the blue throwbacks (both the powder blues and the darker blues) as alternates. What I'm not a fan of are teams going back to '70s and '80s looks as their primary identity. At some point jersey design has to move forward. Teams like Edmonton, the Isles, and to an extent now, the Pens, are refusing to let designs stay dead. Justhereforthefights and I were rewatching Game 7 from the 2006 Cup and we both agreed that the Oilers look then - the midnight blue, bronze/copper, and red - is much better than the throwbacks they wear full-time now. It's the same with the Pens - I grew up with the Pens black and yellows and saw them win back-to-back Cups wearing them, but time (and design) moves on. As a third? Sure. Full time, no thanks. Been there, done that. Move on.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Surprisingly, the Pens are only 2 points in front of the Canes right now. 33 for the Pens, 31 for the Canes.

Jr..gonna be Jr. I guess. :laugh:

I still think the Pens will turn it around, but they are struggling right now.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Skinner made a nice determined defensive play at the end there, maybe a minute or so left, to keep the puck out of our end. I was impressed.

His defensive game has been average at the absolute worst this season. Really substantially improved. His forecheck has been unreal as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad