GDT: Canes vs Pens - back to the well once again

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Did anybody here go to the game? This was my first time in Carolina, and I was curious what you thought the % of Penguins fans was and how this compared to their normal turnout and that of other teams (Caps, Flyers, Rangers, Bruins, Sabres, Leafs, Habs, Hawks, Wings, Devils, Islanders).

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Did anybody here go to the game? This was my first time in Carolina, and I was curious what you thought the % of Penguins fans was and how this compared to their normal turnout and that of other teams (Caps, Flyers, Rangers, Bruins, Sabres, Leafs, Habs, Hawks, Wings, Devils, Islanders).
Pens, Rags, Bruins will all be heavy opposing fan turn out.

Pens because bandwagon. Rags because bandwagon / transplant. Bruins because transplant.

A LOT of people from those regions who flee those regions come to NC and VA.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Pens, Rags, Bruins will all be heavy opposing fan turn out.

Pens because bandwagon. Rags because bandwagon / transplant. Bruins because transplant.

A LOT of people from those regions who flee those regions come to NC and VA.
In previous times,
C
A
R
Y
but now due to Cary's prices being no longer reasonable, it's also Apex, Holly Springs all the way out to Johnson County.

btw: Islanders get their transplants here too.....

Reactions: zman77 and Tryamw

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Flyers, Caps, Devils, Red Wings, and Blackhawks also have a lot of opposing fans. They don't "take over" the place like Rangers and Bruins, but they're noticeable.

If the Blue Jackets ever became really good or were "historic" I'd imagine they'd have a lot too, lots of Ohio State alumni here.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
In previous times,
C
A
R
Y
but now due to Cary's prices being no longer reasonable, it's also Apex, Holly Springs all the way out to Johnson County.

btw: Islanders get their transplants here too.....
Not as many. Long Island is a "red" area now of NY, and most fans are also fans of the Mets and tend to be blue collar, "lunch pail" trade workers. They don't need/want to move.

The Rangers/Yankees fans are straight up bi-coastal elites often involved with the tech industry and as such sometimes find themselves re-located to the Research Triangle. Which is why you see so many Rags fans as opposed to Isles fans in our arena

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Not as many. Long Island is a "red" area now of NY, and most fans are also fans of the Mets and tend to be blue collar, "lunch pail" trade workers. They don't need/want to move.

The Rangers/Yankees fans are straight up bi-coastal elites often involved with the tech industry and as such sometimes find themselves re-located to the Research Triangle. Which is why you see so many Rags fans as opposed to Isles fans in our arena
I know two guys that live on LI and can confirm. Both are cops. Both are moving to NH in 2 years because they hate NY

Reactions: Negan4Coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad