GDT: Canes vs Oilers | 3/8 | 3pm

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Your added the second part to your post *after* I replied and you know it. I read just fine.

No. I edited it in before and was not even talking about that. The rest of my posts have said the same thing.

And nothing says mature debate like saying my argument is invalid because I don't agree with your stance.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
So they're saying El Alamein was the preferable call for the tank map today? damn, sorry guys.

Nope, I think with how decisive this one was, the correct answer is 73 Easting.

Speaking of battles, to wade into this one, IMO the 3 Stars should have been:

3rd - Skinner
2nd - Nugent-Hopkins
1st - Lindholm

Not that the 3 stars matter for **** all, but just assuming they do, I put E. Staal over Semin. Semin's goal was a beauty, but it was a lone goal. A 4-assist night, even secondary assists and an EN assist, get precedence over a single goal. I get it, we want Sasha to feel good about himself because the big bad Bill Peters made him sit in the press box, but c'mon.

Second, as CI pointed out, I did, indeed, see Fayne throw a hat back into the stands. For that reason he's a dbag and must be hounded mercilessly for all time.

Third, I think I've really noticed for the first time they've done away with the Morning Zoo Crew-style sound effects after a goal. Good. That was something I was hoping for with the talk of refining the presentation of the game. I'm OK with Ric Flair and even with the Bub Rub "whistles go whoo" afterwards, but glad to see Chewie, Fred Flintstone, etc be retired.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
~semin had tremendous individual efforts to draw the penalties that were the only reason we tied the game in the first place~

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
The three best players on the ice today were Semin, Lindholm and RNH.

Semin wasn't even on the ice for the 5-on-3 goal (Skinner from EStaal and Lindholm), but drew both penalties. But yes, let's give all the credit to the guy who fanned on the shot and got lucky that we had a player on the doorstep to collect it and put it in an open net.

bluedevil58*

Without Semin today we would have lost. There is nothing that you can show me Stat wise to prove me wrong either.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So the team wins 7-4 and we're arguing about who deserved the pointless 3-star selections? This is Facebook level stupidity here.

Hoffbrau

Feb 5, 2015
Wake Forest,NC
So the team wins 7-4 and we're arguing about who deserved the pointless 3-star selections? This is Facebook level stupidity here.

Not really that, Mike Maniscalco still thinks that whatever they picked is a correct choice, that clearly is not. Oilers coach even said that because of Semin, Canes started the comeback.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Semin getting a star for scoring a Ruutu goal is silly. Lindholm and Eric were no brainers. Skinner vs. RNH is debatable, but Skinner had the game tying and game winner and there's some home cooking, so it makes sense.

Unrelated, Jordan went 20-3 in the faceoff circle? Holy hell!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
How was Semin's a Ruutu goal? It was the first goal for the Canes. Ruutu goals are the ones that come when the game's well out of reach, notable only for padding stats

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
God I love Gerbe getting in guys faces. Just makes me so happy inside.

He's probably the last guy on the team I'd want to fight.

i brought up how cheap eric's assists were to maniscalco. he failed basic reading comprehension and argued against me allegedly saying that eric had two empty net assists. the guy is a complete idiot.

That exchange was hilarious. Focused on the way he interpreted your comment, as opposed to actually addressing it. BUT YOU SAID DA CANES HAD DA 2 ENs, ARGEUMENT OVER

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Right there with you. A beautiful day to tailgate and an avalanche of goals for a change. Stars? Oh please who cares?

I agree. Nobody would care if it wasn't that it was Semin that people felt got jilted.

In the back of my mind, I was wondering how much of Semin, Skinner and Lindholm's success was because the Oilers really don't strike fear into anyone. Guys know they can go to the dirty areas without really much fear..and the Canes did so often.

Also, without Sekera and Gleason, I think the chances of the Canes #1 PK ranking may not last the season. Roughly half of the PK time will be filled with some combination of Liles, Bellemore, Murphy, Rissanen or Jordan....all of which basically got no PK time when Sekera and Gleason where here. Good experience for those guys, but the PK has definitely looked worse (more chaotic) since Gleason and Sekera departed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad