GDT: Canes vs Oilers | 3/8 | 3pm

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Semin should have been the third star. He wasn't. Get over it. Ray Emery was the 3rd star in a game where all he did was skate down the ice to assault the other goalie. It's ****ing meaningless.

The fireman's hat means a **** ton more (and that doesn't really mean anything either).

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Even Lindholm credited Semin for turning the game around in his post-game comments. Novacane is just trolling. And 99.9 The Fan is, too. They enjoyed this. **** them. I think MS and KH should ban them from picking the stars for a few months.

Or, like I said before, if the stars don't matter, then stop announcing them after games and interviewing the No. 1 star.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Maniscalco arguing with an intelligent, coherent, long term season ticket holder.... the guy is an egotistical moron, to go gently. Just listen sometimes and shut the **** up.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Grats to the real swede shady, Elias Lindholm on his first career hat trick and grats to my homey MJ47 the GOAT for getting an assist. #thuglife

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
IMO, this is a great sign going forward. Special teams are about coaching more than 5-on-5. I think we have the coaches. With a few more talented players, we could actually be legit.

Yep. What it tells me is our depth and our defense suck, but the systems we're playing are effective. Especially the defense part IMHO, so much of the game is generated from the back end, and that's where this team has been outright lacking since 08-09 in the biggest way.

A couple smart moves from GMRF in UFA and some patience with Fleury, McKeown, and whoever we draft this year (and we'll be in position to have some good options) and we could be in good shape there.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I like how Lindholm has quietly played well for us. I feel part of Skinners slump in his 2nd and 3rd years was all the attention he got his rookie year.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Even Lindholm credited Semin for turning the game around in his post-game comments. Novacane is just trolling. And 99.9 The Fan is, too. They enjoyed this. **** them. I think MS and KH should ban them from picking the stars for a few months.

Or, like I said before, if the stars don't matter, then stop announcing them after games and interviewing the No. 1 star.

What? **** me? Because I agree Semin had a positive impact on the game but I think he didn't necessarily deserve a meaningless star because of it? Okey dokey then.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
i brought up how cheap eric's assists were to maniscalco. he failed basic reading comprehension and argued against me allegedly saying that eric had two empty net assists. the guy is a complete idiot.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
God,

How bad does it suck to be the Oilers. Even if they did manage to get McDavid or Eichel, they're still playoff-less for another 5 years.

If we could keep our forwards healthy next year and fix our D, I think the forward corps (Staal(S), Semin, Skinner, Rask, Lindy, Nash, and Nestrasil) could be okay?

That's a pretty young group that's going to get a whole lot better with a season playing together under Peters.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Maniscalco thinks he's never wrong, and that's a great way to alienate your entire audience. I once had the dumbest ****ing argument with him about whether or not Ryan Callahan deserved a major boarding on I think it was Michal Jordan about 2 months ago. He said he did, I said they didn't. No one else anywhere said they did. He tried quoting the rulebook, but ended up quoting the minor language (41.3) instead of the major. The sole difference is referee discretion, but he just kept telling me to "read the rule".

You interpret the rule you way you want. I provided the rule and that it should be a major, we disagree, matter closed.

Not only is he stubborn, but he can't follow a simple conversation, which has been proven multiple times, and then he just becomes a child when called out. AKA "nice selfie". I can deal with Ovies and Gold, but Maniscalco has to go if this market ever wants to be taken seriously.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
What? **** me? Because I agree Semin had a positive impact on the game but I think he didn't necessarily deserve a meaningless star because of it? Okey dokey then.

If we're picking stars based on pure stats and not a players' impact on the game, RNH should have been No. 2 with his hat trick and one assist. Face is, no matter what criteria you use, Semin was one of the three best players on the ice today and I dare you to find one person involved with the game who would disagree.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
If we're picking stars based on pure stats and not a players' impact on the game, RNH should have been No. 2 with his hat trick and one assist. Face is, no matter what criteria you use, Semin was one of the three best players on the ice today and I dare you to find one person involved with the game who would disagree.

.......That's exactly what I've been arguing for.....

I'm not even saying he doesn't deserve it. I'm wondering who would people choose to slot over him. But obviously I'm trolling and hate Semin.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
.......That's exactly what I've been arguing for.....

Then you're even more wrong, you truly don't understand what it takes to win games, and I can stop arguing with you.

BTW, when I said "**** them," I was referring to 99.9 The Fan as "them," not you.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Then you're even more wrong, you truly don't understand what it takes to win games, and I can stop arguing with you.

BTW, when I said "**** them," I was referring to 99.9 The Fan as "them," not you.
Do you have zero reading comprehension or are you just selectively choosing what parts of my posts to read?

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I am openly acknowledging he could have gotten a star. I'm also saying that it isn't some disgrace for him not to get a star. Plenty of players had better statistical games than him. Someone decided that was reason enough for them to get the stars over him. Get over it. I'm sure he has.

bluedevil58*

Man Semin's goal was incredible. If only our fearless captain showed that kind of stuff....

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Do you have zero reading comprehension or are you just selectively choosing what parts of my posts to read?

Your added the second part to your post *after* I replied and you know it. I read just fine. And the fact that Chip is on your side further kills your (already not-valid) argument.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad