GDT: Canes vs Hurricanes great Patrick Marleau.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
We gotta give Patrick a big ole standing ovation tomorrow and run the highlight reel. He’s been missed dearly. Possibly one of the greatest Hurricanes of all time. His time as a Hurricane shall not be forgotten. What a veteran leader he was for this team. Really instilled a lot of good values to our youthful squad. If it wasn’t for his contributions we’d of never won a hockey game ever I think. This man is what I hope young Andrei and Martin and Sebastian shall someday become, a very honorable a loyal Cane. Tears will be shed tonight, thank you for your time in Carolina Patrick! You were a fan favorite!

upload_2019-12-5_0-8-29.jpeg

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
They called up Gibbons again without sending anyone down. Either someone else is hurt, or they are going to sit a defenseman and run a traditional 12/6 roster.

Anyone got the odds on Gardiner being a pressbox hero tonight?

As messed up as it may seem based on the "you earn your playing time mantra", I'll be mildly surprised if they don't end up going with Gardiner-TVR as the 3rd pair with Fleury as the healthy extra. My thoughts are that RBA may have a mandate from the braintrust to play Gardiner til they somehow get their $4M worth out of him, and for whatever reason, RBA already hates Fleury.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
As messed up as it may seem based on the "you earn your playing time mantra", I'll be mildly surprised if they don't end up going with Gardiner-TVR as the 3rd pair with Fleury as the healthy extra. My thoughts are that RBA may have a mandate from the braintrust to play Gardiner til they somehow get their $4M worth out of him, and for whatever reason, RBA hates Fleury anyway.
I agree with you that this is the likely way it goes down. I feel bad for Fleury if that happens because he has been playing some good hockey of late.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I agree with you that this is the likely way it goes down. I feel bad for Fleury if that happens because he has been playing some good hockey of late.

Yep.

This is the reason I'm on the trade Fleury train. I don't want to see him go, but it's obvious he is not going to get a fair shot this year with Gardiner and Edmundson ahead of him on the left side, and RBA certainly prefers the vet in TVR over Fleury on the right side of that 3rd pair.

Fleury + pick/prospect/whatever is probably their best bet to bring in some top 9 help in their current cap situation. It's probably not best long term since Fleury has years of team control left, but it's not like CAR doesn't have the depth to easily replace a guy they refuse to play.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
They called up Gibbons again without sending anyone down. Either someone else is hurt, or they are going to sit a defenseman and run a traditional 12/6 roster.

Anyone got the odds on Gardiner being a pressbox hero tonight?
Slightly over 0 but I can't type that many 0's but it is followed by a 1.. Every digit is significant.

Reactions: emptyNedder

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
if they don't do a 'thanks for the memories' video with Marleau to the tune of Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You during the game tonight, I am going to be massively disappointed.

Would be kind of funny if they do that. Basically play the one clip that has someone announcing the trade to Carolina then follow it up with a one line of "I will always love you" and cut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad