GDT: Canes v Rags

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
They're [effing] horrible looking!

ps -- did Tripp really say the power play entries have gotten better as the game went along? He's stoned, right? That's gotta be it.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
I have never seen a team fall down as much as this one, and I once had ECHL season tickets for nearly a decade.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
15 games in the book. Canes have scored 30 goals of which 3 were ot and 1 was an EN. So 26 "real" goals in 15 games which is 1.73G/Game.

As you can see, whoever it was that said we were only going to score 1.667 goals / game after a few games was way off.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
So are the canes this bad or are the rags this good? The last 3 canes losses have been against very good teams at the top of the standings (TB, Dallas, NYR) and the last 3 wins have been against middle of the pack teams (sens, wings, NYI)... So which is the real canes, or are they just mediocre enough to beat other mediocre teams but not good enough to hang with good ones?

I thought about ranting about eric staal but thought better of it. What a lovely singing voice you must have

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well, at least we weren't the only team shutout tonight. We're in good company, it seems

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
So are the canes this bad or are the rags this good? The last 3 canes losses have been against very good teams at the top of the standings (TB, Dallas, NYR) and the last 3 wins have been against middle of the pack teams (sens, wings, NYI)... So which is the real canes, or are they just mediocre enough to beat other mediocre teams but not good enough to hang with good ones?

I thought about ranting about eric staal but thought better of it. What a lovely singing voice you must have

I mean the Rongos are 11-2-2. That's pretty good.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
We outplayed them for at least 40 minutes of that game, but my god no one can put the puck in the ****ing net.

Can anyone tell me what Chris Terry's purpose is? By no means am I saying he's the reason the team is this ******, but why is he on the ice?

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

I don't think the Hurricanes are as bad as they looked after the Rags struck for 2 goals in 11 seconds. That would deflate a lot of teams. As Brindimour stated they came out strong and played well for maybe 10 minutes of the first period. The Rangers are skilled enough to make mistakes cost you, just like TB and Dallas. Tonight, the Hurricanes were exposed for the (currently) middle of the road team that they are.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
We outplayed them for at least 40 minutes of that game, but my god no one can put the puck in the ****ing net.

Can anyone tell me what Chris Terry's purpose is? By no means am I saying he's the reason the team is this ******, but why is he on the ice?
remember when people were trying to justify chris terry's one-way deal by his shootout prowess and his alleged powerplay abilities...and now there are barely any shootouts and he doesn't get pp time because not even his offensive abilities are nhl caliber, so he just goes out there and kills time for 12 minutes a game. he's like a slow version of drayson bowman.

he and mjordan are wastes of space. just another in a long line of regular hurricanes players who will be out of the league as soon as the hurricanes figure out that they suck.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Brock McGinn is a -11 through 12 games and has been on the ice for 7 of the last 12 even strength goals allowed. All while averaging roughly 7 minutes of ice time a night during that stretch. I know +/- beyond imperfect, but yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad