GDT: Canes v Rags

Revenge of the Sieve

In Ronnie We Trust
Oct 8, 2010
Expected Lines

CAR.png
Carolina Hurricanes (6-8-0, 7th in Metropolitan)

Eric Staal (C) - Victor Rask - Elias Lindholm
Nathan Gerbe - Jordan Staal (A) - Chris Terry
Jeff Skinner - Riley Nash - Kris Versteeg
Brock McGinn - Jay McClement - Joakim Nordstrom

Ron Hainsey - Justin Faulk (A)
John-Michael Liles - Brett Pesce
Michal Jordan - Ryan Murphy

Cam Ward (5-5-0, 2.40 GAA, .907 SV%)

Extras: Brad Malone, Andrej Nestrasil, Noah Hanifin

--------------------

NYR.png
New York Rangers (10-2-2, 1st in Metropolitan)

Rick Nash - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan (A) - J.T. Miller
Oscar Lindberg - Kevin Hayes - Viktor Stalberg
Dominic Moore - Jarret Stoll - Jesper Fast

Ryan McDonagh (C) - Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) - Kevin Klein
Keith Yandle - Dan Boyle

Henrik Lundqvist (7-2-2, 1.80 GAA, .945 SV%)

--------------------

1f4fa.png
Fox Sports Carolinas
1f4fb.png
99.9 FM
1f4bb.png
WRALSportsFan

Last edited:

AGMongoose

Sep 30, 2007
Ranger fan coming in peace. I am curious about Victor Rask's potential. Do you guys see him as a top-6 guy with potential to score 50+ points?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
So, I'm a little torn on tonight's game. They never beat the Rangers so I don't hold out much hope for a W. The only solace is they are coming back from a long road trip to face a crap team. Could be a trap game for them. Otherwise, yeah 5-1 L.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Ranger fan coming in peace. I am curious about Victor Rask's potential. Do you guys see him as a top-6 guy with potential to score 50+ points?

He already is, so, yes.

So, I'm a little torn on tonight's game. They never beat the Rangers so I don't hold out much hope for a W. The only solace is they are coming back from a long road trip to face a crap team. Could be a trap game for them. Otherwise, yeah 5-1 L.

A game that the Rongos should definitely be overlooking and take the foot off the gas a bit? 4-0 Canes loss.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I meant as a long-term potential.

He hasn't looked out of place at that pace. His chances have been fairly consistent as well as his overall play.

I think he fits Peters' system very well. Nothing fancy about him, just makes smart high-percentage plays when he has the puck and he works hard in all three zones. He appears to have overcome the bulk of his skating issues which is part of the reason he fell from a potential top-10 pick to a 2nd rounder.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Game against the Rangers in MSG? Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
The most exciting game on the midway! Imagine the thrill of getting your weight guessed by a professional! You can blow up your cheeks, you can stick out your chest, but you're not going to fool the guesser. How 'bout you, sir? Step right up!

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Anyone notice that hallejokel is conspicuously absent in this GDT now that we are playing the rongos? Yeah, he posted about getting married in the St. Thomas or some nonsense, but I think it was a convenient excuse to secretly root for the rongos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad