GDT: CANES v MYTHOLOGICAL GIANT SEA ORGANISMS

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Man does Rod every pull the goalie at the right time? Doesn’t seem like it either he pulls him without possession or pulls him with the wrong guys on the ice

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
24 goals against through 5 games

IMG_2242.jpeg

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
TT experiment @ C -3 tonight w/ Bunting-Necas on his line also -3

Orlov’s 85 min, -10
projected yr end minus at -164

Goalies save percentage is awful; Freddie ded, Antii-yikes; Kooch-tbd

We have an exciting goal scoring team
Jarvis scoring and hitting

We have a porous defensive and special team penalty kill

Orllv-TDA not a good pairing
Orlov-Chatfirld acceptable

Back to sleep

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Tt and Jarvis on fire so far. But we are literally 32nd in GA and that's very concerning considering that's our thing.

Orlov has me very worried at this point. A minus 10 is more than just meshing issues.

Dude needs pine or to be put with slavin for a while. Pesce having his head up his ass doesn't help.

You're not going to move orlov at his contract price either.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Tt and Jarvis on fire so far. But we are literally 32nd in GA and that's very concerning considering that's our thing.

Orlov has me very worried at this point. A minus 10 is more than just meshing issues.

That's actually the reason I'm not concerned. This team as it is, had basically no preseason, and one home game before starting this road trip. I feel confident they'll figure this out.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The all around team defense and PK is pretty concerning so far. The PK may be the most concerning

At the same time we have allowed 24 goals and the expected is 15, we having some serious bad luck defensively.

Last edited:

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
You know reading these posts it seems like a lot of fans are blaming the new guy: Orlov.

Were these the same fans whom were getting all over Burns after his slow start?

For a new person coming to the team I'll give him time to adjust.

Yes, Orlov has not been good defensively this year; but guess what...neither has the team as a whole so I don't think it's fair to put the blame on one person defensively. It seems like Pesce and Skjei have been the most consistent defensively.

Also, this might help calm some of you fans down that may be starting to panic:

The article was written before the Kraken game but covers what's going on with the team.

I thought it was interesting.

Goes to show you to not put to much stock on early season struggles; it's an 82 game season, not a 5 game season.

Remember, we got off to a slow start last year; not defensively but record wise we were not good (yes we were above .500 but were like 10-5-6 or something like that); then we won 11 in a row and started to take off from there.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
@Gocanes0506 YOU BETTER RUN MOTHERf***ER!!!! :fight:

First I can say I'm glad again I didn't end up watching much of this one, they're making it very easy to turn a game off after the 1st period this year.

So what happened to us having one of the best defensive lineups of the cap era? Is the 3rd pair (the only that changed) really giving up 3-4G/game? It seems like the whole team D is failing constantly right now. And the goalies have "stolen" very few goals...they haven't let in a ton of softies, but they haven't really made many hard stops either, they've been below average at best. Our overall SV% is a putrid .825. We've not scored less than 3 goals in a game this year...nor have we allowed less than 3. I'm not sure Vasy or Shesty would fair much better behind us right now.

It's a long season, still plenty of time to right the ship. Somehow out of all this we're still nominally a .500 team (2W, 2L, 1SOW). I know RBA probably isn't far from blowing a gasket with how inconsistent they've been so far and how awful our defensive game has been...he's already been pretty unhappy with their game BEFORE we spotted 7 goals to a winless team with an AHL goalie.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
The Kraken had the same problem we're currently having...except it was their offense that was struggling...then they pot 7 on us.

The Kraken seemed to have ended their offensive struggles so we can end our defensive struggles.

Also, I'd rather the defensive struggles happen now rather than the end of the season in the thick of a playoff race.

Last edited:
Reactions: cptjeff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad