Confirmed with Link: Canes sign Swiss Defenseman Michael Fora

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Change "Canes" to "Checkers" in Anton Dubinchuk's post and I think it becomes clear. He wasn't playing regularly for the Checkers before Fleury was sent down. That's only less likely now.

This isn't leaving regular minutes in Charlotte to go back to Europe. This is leaving the Bojangles press box to go back to Europe.

Didn’t realize he wasn’t playing regularly for the checkers. Figured with his size, international experience and maturity he would’ve been a regular. Thanks for the info.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The two positions aren’t comparable in terms of our organizational depth.

Fora would have had to be delusional to look at our roster and think he was going to make the Hurricanes.

Underestimated competition and overestimated himself? When I started in university, they told us about "facing your own mediocrity", which may happen when people who that far has been among the best students in their classes on all levels finally find themselves in a place where so has everyone else.

I don't know anything about him, but apparently he was his Swiss team's captain at 21. I learn this from his Finnish Wikipedia article which he for some reason has.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Underestimated competition and overestimated himself? When I started in university, they told us about "facing your own mediocrity", which may happen when people who that far has been among the best students in their classes on all levels finally find themselves in a place where so has everyone else.

I don't know anything about him, but apparently he was his Swiss team's captain at 21. I learn this from his Finnish Wikipedia article which he for some reason has.

Being married has a similar affect.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The reason for the wiki page probably was the WHC where Switzerland dropped Finland in QFs.

Recognition is known? Lioness humiliated swiss secretary Sebastian Aho and Teuvo Teräväinen's teammate
15.06.2018 16:05

Carolina Hurricanes informs on her website that she has been bidding for a two-year two-way deal with Swiss defender Michael Foran, 22.

The 22-year-old Fora played in the 50th round of HC Ambri-Piotta in the last season, where he hit 6 + 21 = 27.

The big (192 centimeter) Fora also represented Switzerland at the Ice Hockey World Championships in Denmark, where the ankle wrist was dropped in the semi-finals of Sebastian Aho and Teuvo Teräinen's Leijon Team. Switzerland eventually reached MM in the tournament.

Now the triad is allowed to play in the same team if the place is torn off by Hurricane's rocky defense.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Fora would have had to be delusional to look at our roster and think he was going to make the Hurricanes.

One thing to remember though is that he was signed in mid June, before the Hamilton trade and when Faulk was thought to be on his way out. When he signed, he may very well have been banking on coming in and claiming a spot on the right side.

The combination of not trading Faulk, the addition of Hamilton and the fact that he flat out needed a year or 2 at least in the AHL before being ready probably sealed the deal for him wanting to head back over the pond.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
This isn't leaving regular minutes in Charlotte to go back to Europe. This is leaving the Bojangles press box to go back to Europe.

Smh he would of never left if they had all you can eat & drink Bo Berry Biscuits, fries, and sweet tea at the Bojangles Collesium press box...

He's leaving fora better opportunity.

You win best comment for the day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad