Confirmed with Link: Canes sign Swiss Defenseman Michael Fora

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
Folks, the Swiss team I root for, HC Ambri Piotta, just announced that young captain Michael Fora, has signed a 2 year deal with the Canes.

See links below:
MICHAEL FORA IN NHL, KUBALIK RESTA AD AMBRÌ (italian language)

Fora profile at EP - Michael Fora at eliteprospects.com

Michael spent the 2014-15 with the Kamloops Blazers in WHL, then returned to Switzerland. In the past season he took giants step forward, becoming Ambri Piotta's captain and starring for the Swiss National team at the recent World Championship, winning the silver medal and playing against opponents' top lines. As an Ambri fan, this news is devastating for us, but you get a young player, built like a bull, with a terrific work ethic and a bit of offensive upside.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Folks, the Swiss team I root for, HC Ambri Piotta, just announced that young captain Michael Fora, has signed a 2 year deal with the Canes.

See links below:

Michael spent the 2014-15 with the Kamloops Blazers in WHL, then returned to Switzerland. In the past season he took giants step forward, becoming Ambri Piotta's captain and starring for the Swiss National team at the recent World Championship, winning the silver medal and playing against opponents' top lines. As an Ambri fan, this news is devastating for us, but you get a young player, built like a bull, with a terrific work ethic and a bit of offensive upside.

In English:
https://swisshockeynews.ch/index.ph...chael-fora-signs-with-the-carolina-hurricanes

(saluti da Manno...)

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I just saw a 1 minute interview with him on Swiss-Italian TV - essentially to gage his reaction to the news he signed this two way with Carolina - and he looked very, very happy about this, is absolutely conscious that he will have to work 150% just to try to make the Canes' team.

The TV dude's last question was "so, you just were at Federal palace in Bern with your teammates being honored for the silver medal at the Worlds. Next is the White House for a Stanley Cup with the Canes?"... He replied with a smile and "It would be fantastic, but I think that you are getting a little too ahead in the future with this" (he meant it like a "let me try to make the team dude, never mind thinking about that").
Fora is a very down to heart guy and a stand up dude.

I'm guessing Gregory Hofmann put in a good word for the Canes which is why he signed here. :sarcasm:
I would love it if you could please trade (cheaply) the rights to Hoffman to the Bruins please? Greg had a breakout year in Switzerland: 22 goals in 50 regular season games and 14 more in 18 playoffs games. He has a filthy shot and he is ready for a try in the NHL, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
I would love it if you could please trade (cheaply) the rights to Hoffman to the Bruins please? Greg had a breakout year in Switzerland: 22 goals in 50 regular season games and 14 more in 18 playoffs games. He has a filthy shot and he is ready for a try in the NHL, IMO.
He has wheels and a wicked shot, but I think the smaller ice surface won't help his skillset. He's way too light too IMO.

I'm guessing Gregory Hofmann put in a good word for the Canes which is why he signed here. :sarcasm:
Not likely: Fora plays for HCAP, Hofmann for HC Lugano...the equivalent of Rangers vs Islanders multiplied per 1'000'000. They are rivals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Do we even own his rights any longer? Last year, (or was it the year before), he came to camp trying to make the team but didn't make it. It was strange because we all kind of forgot about him when it was said he was going to re-enter the draft rather than sign with Carolina but wasn't allowed to because there wasn't a transfer agreement in place at the time between the Swiss league and NHL (or something like that).

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Never heard of him, but everything sounds somewhat promising. Sounds like he had a pretty good season last year. And I'd much rather take a guy like this that's a young vet of professional and international hockey than rely on guys like Chelios, Robertson, Kichton, and Samuelson if he goes to Charlotte. You need some of those vet guys down there, but we were getting thin on actual d prospects.

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
Do we even own his rights any longer? Last year, (or was it the year before), he came to camp trying to make the team but didn't make it. It was strange because we all kind of forgot about him when it was said he was going to re-enter the draft rather than sign with Carolina but wasn't allowed to because there wasn't a transfer agreement in place at the time between the Swiss league and NHL (or something like that).
I think you still own his rights.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Do we even own his rights any longer? Last year, (or was it the year before), he came to camp trying to make the team but didn't make it.

According to EP you still do. Hofmann really had a breakout season and also a breakout world championship.

Fora is a big guy with a lot of power but also pretty solid on his skates. He also has an offensive upside, a good shot and knows where to pass the puck. All around a pretty decent prospect who probably isn't NHL-ready but could turn into an NHL-ready defender with one year of AHL-play. It was known that he was scouted for the whole season so his signing isn't really a surprise and I'm pretty sure this wasn't the only contract-offer he had on his table.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
We hold his rights for 2 more years. Would love to see us bring him over but I've been saying that for the past few seasons since that shortened season where he went off playing with Thornton. Part of the issue is that he'll make more in NLA then the AHL, a lot more, though frankly I wouldn't mind us signing him with an agreement that if he does not make the team he can be loaned back to his Swiss side.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Friend of mine who is a Ambrì Piotta fan says:
Physically he is a bull, great personality has become a captain at the age of 21. This year has made great strides and has a great shot. I doubt that in America it will be able to make many points but if it continues to grow ... For us it is a problem without him. I know him in person, an exceptional boy.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma

See links below:

Alberto!!! ahahhaah

(Luca)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->