Confirmed with Link: Canes sign Saarela to ELC

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I think that's technically pyttipanna wrapped in a pancake. A pyttipancake. Mere thought has my arteries scream in pain and delight.

For my pyttipanna I though fry the eggs right there into the mix with the pieces of pre-cooked potatoes and sausage.

Sounds amazing :)

coleslaw is gross

Mayo slaw is gross. The vinegar based stuff is amazing. Lil bit on a bun with some Eastern pork and a few sliced pickles. mmmmmm

So simple, yet so amazing :)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Indeed I think I might be....but where on Earth would we find a 50 gallon drum of buttermilk this time of night?

Seriously though, start it out as a food truck, hit up the Steelers bars on Sundays and you'd print money.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Sounds amazing :)

Mayo slaw is gross. The vinegar based stuff is amazing. Lil bit on a bun with some Eastern pork and a few sliced pickles. mmmmmm

So simple, yet so amazing :)

One of the best things I've ever eaten was a street taco with pulled pork, a little bit of zingy slaw and topped with a lot of cilantro. OMG

Bearr

Dec 31, 2015
Highlights of Saarela #87

https://youtu.be/f3OyEqjhbiI

I saw many games from him, and i can say, that his offensive cabability is top class. He is going to have to up his game a lot though if he wishes to play in the NHL next year, but his shot is NHL level. I hope he plays in Carolina next year, i don't want to see him in the rival's(Lukko) jersey next year. :D

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
^

The play starting at 3:28. My goodness, how did he do that. I watched all the replays at least 3 times and I still can't figure it out. It doesn't even look like there's enough room to get the puck in that opening standing on its edge.

Crazy shooting talent here. That snap wrister is something special. Looks effortless in the windup and when it comes out it screams.

He's not going to get away with all that hanging around at the corner of the net in the NHL and I'm sure he'll have to work on his board play. But his game looks overall very efficient and simple. Translatable to the NHL. Reminds me a little bit of a young Victor Rask but with better talent across the board.

Last edited:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
^

The play starting at 3:28. My goodness, how did he do that. I watched all the replays at least 3 times and I still can't figure it out. It doesn't even look like there's enough room to get the puck in that opening standing on its edge.

Crazy shooting talent here. That snap wrister is something special. Looks effortless in the windup and when it comes out it screams.

He's not going to get away with all that hanging around at the corner of the net in the NHL and I'm sure he'll have to work on his board play. But his game looks overall very efficient and simple. Translatable to the NHL. Reminds me a little bit of a young Victor Rask but with better talent across the board.

Great shot and shooting technique....time and space will have to be adjusted to for sure.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
I have some really vital information about your prospect. So... his hillbilly hometown, Laitila, has elected him as the "**** of the Year" and he attended all the ceremonies that come with the title during the town's annual egg market. He is following in his father's footsteps as he has also been awarded this prestigious title in the past. His father, Pasi, was a great goal-scorer in the Finnish league, often called with the honorary title "the Oat-Giant of Laitila" and was/is known for his elite shot and very, very strong build.

Apparently HFBoards has a dirty mind and wants me to use the word "rooster" instead of "****", which is a shame. :sarcasm:

711204_s1430x0_q80_noupscale.jpg

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sorry, I just had to. :)

There is a quote allegedly by Saarela that it's either up with the Canes or otherwise in Lukko for him for the next season, no middle road. But the HS article has his talk about AHL like it's a possibility so...

Apparently because he's not a first round pick, his European club has first say in where he plays if doesn't make the NHL. Which means it's either Canes or Lukko.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Huh, haven't heard of that one before.

Either way I think I'd prefer him playing for Lukko and being a star over in Finland this next season anyway if he doesn't make the Canes..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad