Confirmed with Link: Canes Sign Komisarek - 1 year, 700K per

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
This is a big deal. When someone inevitably gets hurt, we've got defensive dman depth. When you run through the name of depth guys last year, it's no wonder things went south so fast.

Corvo, McBain, sanguinetti, gragani, Bergeron, Jordan, etc... Was a terrible setup. Looking a lot better this year both healthy and with an injury or two.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Good signing guys. I felt sorry for Komi but he is an excellent dman when on his game but u fortunately he lost some of it because he got criticized harshly and it's hard to redeem yourself as a defensman. New setting should be good for him.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Like this signing and the potential of Komisarek to bounce back in a new place. I get the feeling he was a whipping boy in Toronto and we all know how unfair that can be.

If Pitkanen is healthy and good Tim Gleason shows up, this is suddenly a pretty solid group. You can dress seven and let Murphy play the PP and ease his way into the lineup. Very good situation for him to be in as a young player.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Komi is a perfect fit, here's a quick recap:

1.Reclamation in need of a rebound season:check
2.Mueller-Habs connection: check.
3.Plymouth whaler connection: check.
4.Maurice-leafs connection: check+ (glad mo is gone).
5.Ginger:check.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
Listening to his interview with the media this afternoon, he seems excited to be coming here. Says it'll be a breath of fresh air that he can just come and play. I think this market will be good for getting his career back on track.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Listening to his interview with the media this afternoon, he seems excited to be coming here. Says it'll be a breath of fresh air that he can just come and play. I think this market will be good for getting his career back on track.

Clearly, he hasn't been in Raleigh for the past week. ;)

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I loved Komi as a player just did not like his contract. Hey if some one offered you 4.5M a year, would you say no?

I would have loved to have him stay on the Leafs as a 7th D-man but his contract held him back. Still has a lot left in the tank and can be solid on as a bottom pairing guy. He is a bit slow and makes the occasional bad play or takes a bad penalty but you get that with a bottom pairing defensive defensemen. He will help you keep more pucks out of your net.

He is nothing but a class act and will offer a positive vibe in the dressing room.

After his contract is up i hope the Leafs re-sign him to be a 6th or 7th D-man next off-season. Great signing!

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Sekera, Komisarek and Jagr (;)) all offer veteran leadership that some insisted we were sorely lacking.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Komi is a perfect fit, here's a quick recap:

1.Reclamation in need of a rebound season:check
2.Mueller-Habs connection: check.
3.Plymouth whaler connection: check.
4.Maurice-leafs connection: check+ (glad mo is gone).
5.Ginger:check.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Hate to rain on your parade but he never played for Maurice with the Leafs. He only had Ron Wilson and RC as his coach when he was a Leaf.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
You will love this guy, he was returning to form but he was pretty much done his time here. He's a class act through and through and I honestly want all the best things to happen to him. Just an awesome guy.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Figured, 4 and 5 were the only single digits available, and I think Sekera will take 4.

Poor guy. Awful big shoes to fill taking that number.

ward092209_dl.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad