Confirmed with Link: Canes Sign Komisarek - 1 year, 700K per

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
WTH?

I mean, I'll take it...must have owed JR a favor or something.

What a steal...****, at 700k even if he sucks and we bury him in Charlotte that's hardly a blip on the cap radar. That's like less then MehStew money.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Awesome deal for us. If he ends up sucking, it's only 700k. If he's a serviceable bottom pairing guy, we got an absolute steal.

Zombie Mike Murphy

Mar 18, 2011
It's like we actually have a defense. Also have Bellemoore as a #7/physical option, and of course if Murphy has a Skinner-esque camp...

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Wow, what a shock! No one saw this one coming.

Nice signing, now I think we will get a back-up goalie and be done.

snizzbone*

Garret Sparks ‏@GSparks40 3 Jul
Any fan praising Komisarek's buyout doesn't understand the incredibly positive impact he had on the @TorontoMarlies this season. Maybe he wasn't paid $4M to be a Marlie, but you will realize the value of his stay when the D prospects find their way to the big club.

faulkingdynamic

J Troll
Oct 4, 2006
Raleigh NC
The player was predictable and the price was cheaper than expected. Hard to argue with this one. And we don't ask him to do more than he shows he can handle.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I don't know if there is any way that any single person can spin this signing into a negative. I would have been willing to double the value on the contract if I were an NHL GM. Stupid good signing even if it fails.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
For 1 year / 700K, you're not going to find a much better deal for a big physical defenseman with experience. Great Move JR!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad