Canes reveal 3rd jersey

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Something I learned recently is that that flag that's in the logo is a universal hurricane warning flag. So it is a 'Hurricanes' logo.

Which is cool in theory... but simply doesn't look very cool to the eyes the way they designed it.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Something I learned recently is that that flag that's in the logo is a universal hurricane warning flag. So it is a 'Hurricanes' logo.
So, the only people who will KNOW THAT are? Even if that is what it's supposed to be, it looks awkward as a logo on a jersey. It's too 'stretched out' on a jersey and thus, it's unappealing and looks strange to most people, hockey fans or not.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
So, the only people who will KNOW THAT are? Even if that is what it's supposed to be, it looks awkward as a logo on a jersey. It's too 'stretched out' on a jersey and thus, it's unappealing and looks strange to most people, hockey fans or not.

hmmm, sounds like a drawing of Long Island... no? I think most hockey fans have figured that one out by now.

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
Terrible logo. Even worse color scheme! Can't do much worse than Black with red and grey trim.

BTW, I thought the league abolished third jerseys last year. If only they stuck to their guns and not brought back this nonsense.

JoeMc

Sep 22, 2013
A logo should be obvious what it is suppose to be IMO.
I had to look up what the two red squares on the hockey stick is! Apparently they are hurricane warning flags. lol

Reactions: pucky

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
I was actually hoping to bring back the black with flag scheme, but I hate these. :cry: Totally missed the mark.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Terrible logo. Even worse color scheme! Can't do much worse than Black with red and grey trim.

BTW, I thought the league abolished third jerseys last year. If only they stuck to their guns and not brought back this nonsense.
It's a contest.....they toned it down and was worried about being exposed. But, now it's back. Who can win the 'worst 3rd jersey design-but-still-find-hockey fan suckers to buy them' contest.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
I like the Sens jerseys and colours, though. Also, their new draft day cap was nice....I guess the Canes thought it was good, too, but then they went crazy trying to use the same colours and merge it with their 'Hurricane warning' flags. They couldn't control themselves and it's two flags going all the way down the jersey. Yikes....Plus, 'it's not a B, man!'

Bonucci

Jan 4, 2018
Not a big fan of it. The black color looks as if it could be from any team, and the alternate logo is just so random. A double flag?? Again, could be from any team.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Did Adidas higher a bunch of high schoolers to do the NHL jerseys... Bring back reebok.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
like the colors but the logo does not make sense. If they were going to do something like this the hockey stick should be positioned in the proper way (blade on the bottom)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad