Confirmed with Link: Canes Re-sign Hainsey

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If JR's first two signings had been Terry and Hainsey, do you think there would have been a lot of "We like our group" posts? :sarcasm:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Not the biggest Hainsey guy but he's better than the alternatives and he signed for a very reasonable price.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Having one hole instead of two in the top 4 is a big deal. Need to unload some of the remaining dead weight, and bring in one more legit NHL guy.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Solid signing. Hainsey took the extra year over a higher AAV.

It would be nice to find someone to replace Liles to solidify our Top-4, unfortunietly I have extreme doubt that will actually happen.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I know we had to make this signing....I just wish we could suck it up one year and stink the joint up so we could get a top 2 pick next year.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Great deal, I'm ecstatic. Was afraid that he'd either go somewhere for more money or we'd have to overpay to keep him.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Hainsey rewarded us for taking a chance on him. Left some money on the table in this one, which does kind of make sense considering how fat he ate on Atlanta/Winnipeg in his previous contract. Sometimes a good fit for your peace of mind is worth leaving some money on the table. Nobody wants to go into the late Summer months as a free agent. Reminds me of what we did with Ray Whitney who basically counted his buyout money from Detroit with his Carolina salary to reach his collective salary.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Hainsey rewarded us for taking a chance on him. Left some money on the table in this one, which does kind of make sense considering how fat he ate on Atlanta/Winnipeg in his previous contract. Sometimes a good fit for your peace of mind is worth leaving some money on the table. Nobody wants to go into the late Summer months as a free agent. Reminds me of what we did with Ray Whitney who basically counted his buyout money from Detroit with his Carolina salary to reach his collective salary.

It does make me like the guy a little more, I'll say that. For a guy who has never seen the playoffs, it's really surprising to see him take a discount to play in Carolina. At his age I would have expected him to either take one more shot at a big contract or take a deal like the one he just signed with a contender.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Even with giving Hainsey a shot, I wasn't expecting him to take a slight discount to stay here. Gained a lot of respect for doing so.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
IT'S BEEN 16 HOURS SINCE FRANCIS HAS SIGNED ANYONE!!!!!! What is he doing, taking a nap? WHAT IS HE WAITING FOR????!!!!

DISCUSS!!!!!!

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
"We're pleased to announce an extension for Drayson Bowman. 10 years, $97 million. We feel that Bowman is just entering his prime and will be a valuable part of the organization for years to come."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad