Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
You can't say its not accurate
That's the best troll of all!

PpV0evc.png

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
But seriously though, good on Cam and the Canes for making this happen. This guy played more than twice as many games as any other goalie for the franchise, including Hartford. Make a space for #30 in the rafters.
And that's after leading us to a Stanley Cup Championship and winning the Conn Smythe in his rookie season.

The man is a Canes legend. #30 shouldn't be worn again with the team.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I've been wondering if this was coming given his play last year and not being signed. No secret I wasn't a fan of the loyalty to him at the end, but I'm glad to see this happen. Hopefully if he wants, they can find him a position in the organization (hopefully low to start). I'd be okay with a number retirement as well. Regardless, thanks to Cam for giving his all to this team for many years, and helping us win the Cup.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I thought this would be announced in conjunction with being an assistant GM, scout, or Goaltending Consultant. Good for him though. Loved Cam and glad hes sticking around here.
It it was the old regime, you’d see “director of goalie development” announcement as well, but not so sure about this management team.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Ok I watched the video - tear to my eye.

Cam and Eric were the two guys that connected my childhood to my adult life of fandom. Turned 12 during the 05-06 season and Cam played his last game as a Cane two weeks before I got married. If/when Eric does the same it’ll be equally amazing, but it’s odd how consistent a presence Cam was in my life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad