Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Rangers: The Piano Is Gone

Championship*

What if they have the confidence in Moore to move up and one of the AHL guys to take the bottom pair? Not totally crazy. Don't think it's the case obviously but it would be a possible scenario. Hopefully McI is ready next year he's been doing well it seems in the AHL this year

1 D-man - yes. 2? Absolutely not. Not happening and thinking it's a possibility is fruitless.

Championship*

They may have been desperate, but they were also injured and sans either of their 1-2 goaltenders. They had little chance of winning that game especially with the soft goal given up by Peters when Carolina had the momentum.

I can't agree that an average top echelon team is comparable to a desperate bottom feeder. The only time I think bottom feeders are dangerous is at the end of the season when they know they are out of the playoff run. Everyone is relaxed, people are playing for fun and their burden is lifted. Teams love playing spoiler.

I am prepared to drop one or both of these next two games, the fashion in which they do it will determine how I see them going forward. If they managed to win one or both whilst getting outplayed, that's no surprise as the New York Lundqvists have been doing that for years now.

What I meant was that Carolina's best is equal to the normal play of one of the better teams we are about to face.

NHRangerfan

Had another commitment last night and just finished watching the DVR of the game

The slow start and getting pinned in their own zone to start the game was concerning, the Hags goal was the 1st shot on goal.

Hank seems to be playing back to his old self.

Having only read about CK's college career on these boards, most of the reports only talked about his speed and shot, but I've been impressed by his passing and awareness, the follow up on his own shot that led to one of the Step goals last night, and his own goal against the Isles.

Great to see AV playing everyone, Cups are not won in November.

Was it me or did anyone else notice JT Miller had less ice time in the 3rd?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
1 D-man - yes. 2? Absolutely not. Not happening and thinking it's a possibility is fruitless.

Agreed. I honestly don't even think they can move one defensemen this year without at least bringing one back. Falk, and anyone else in Hartford is not ready to log NHL minutes on the second or first pair and play a consistently strong game. I also dislike the idea of a Falk/XXX third pairing. Especially with how AV spreads the love.

What I meant was that Carolina's best is equal to the normal play of one of the better teams we are about to face.

Oh, I see. Yeah, when healthy I agree with that.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

You are responding waaaaay too seriously to this. Lol It's fruitless! C'mon you sound like a cliche'd villian from an old hanna barabara cartoon. i don't mean that in a mocking way it just seemed a bit over the top for what is not that far fetched even though as I said it's obviously not happening right now. maybe one guy is maybe ready for bottom 6 but girardi in the top cant be replaced right now.

Championship*

You are responding waaaaay too seriously to this. Lol It's fruitless! C'mon you sound like a cliche'd villian from an old hanna barabara cartoon. i don't mean that in a mocking way it just seemed a bit over the top for what is not that far fetched even though as I said it's obviously not happening right now. maybe one guy is maybe ready for bottom 6 but girardi in the top cant be replaced right now.

It's completely far fetched. It's a pretty simple to see, even if you have just a minimal grasp on reality.

Wolfy*

Ducks and Penguins next, with the Habs game in mind I predict a loss in both. They're not that good...yet.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ducks and Penguins next, with the Habs game in mind I predict a loss in both. They're not that good...yet.

You're using one game when they lost to a team that they always struggle against and that had their goalie play damn well as your proof?

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Had another commitment last night and just finished watching the DVR of the game

The slow start and getting pinned in their own zone to start the game was concerning, the Hags goal was the 1st shot on goal.

Hank seems to be playing back to his old self.

Having only read about CK's college career on these boards, most of the reports only talked about his speed and shot, but I've been impressed by his passing and awareness, the follow up on his own shot that led to one of the Step goals last night, and his own goal against the Isles.

Great to see AV playing everyone, Cups are not won in November.

Was it me or did anyone else notice JT Miller had less ice time in the 3rd?

Really not trying to sound like a broken record, but that's because there were only 20 or so people on here that actually watched him.

He's not the guy you want on the half boards on the power play, but he has always been a very intelligent passer.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Watched an abbreviated recording of the game this morning before I went out. Awful start and shaky along the way, but a lot of positive signs when all was said and done.

The thing that stood out to me the most? Ryan Murphy. That kid can really create from the backend.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Wasn't here cause I was upstate but I caught the replay.

All things considered, Stepan suddenly has 10 points and it's like hey look at you big guy!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Oh and I know Girardi isn't my favorite type of player on the planet, but he works hard, you can't deny that. Congrats on 500 games.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
I just saw the Stephan line referred to as Streiderello, and I think it's beautiful. It sounds like a chocolate bar and/or the sexy villain in a housewife novel.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
Streiderello :laugh:

who comes up with this stuff?

xUItNGG.jpg

That guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad