Post-Game Talk: Canes @ Rangers 12/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
@NYRangers: #NYR Stats: The Blueshirts lead the NHL in games with one goal or fewer allowed (41) since the start of the 2013-14 season.

Staal sucks, trade Lundqvist, Where's Stralman?, we're mediocre, Lundqvist soft, Nash is lazy, Zooks is bad defensively, Lundqvist is supposed to be elite, why'd we pick McIlrath?, fire Sather, trade Moore, Staal can't see, I've been a fan since 1492, etc...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Don't really see why it matters if we score one goal or ten goals. An ROW is an ROW is an ROW. Goal differential really never comes into play. Also I'd rather win 1-0 than 5-4. Our defense is looking great right now.

i dont think Dallas was happy that EDM dragged them into overtime tied 5-5... so i have to disagree

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
very happy with Hunwick lately... guy has slotted in and is nowhere near the defensive liability Moore is...

I happen to love him on the 2nd power play unit. he really has a solid set of wheels

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
very happy with Hunwick lately... guy has slotted in and is nowhere near the defensive liability Moore is...

I happen to love him on the 2nd power play unit. he really has a solid set of wheels

I agree. He does make some mistakes but geez, it is pretty hard to complain about him. Thumbs up as far as I am concerned.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Staal sucks, trade Lundqvist, Where's Stralman?, we're mediocre, Lundqvist soft, Nash is lazy, Zooks is bad defensively, Lundqvist is supposed to be elite, why'd we pick McIlrath?, fire Sather, trade Moore, Staal can't see, I've been a fan since 1492, etc...

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Love it haha...

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Stepan's assist on that play was SO sexy... holy crap. Guy is SUCH a playmaker

He did everything properly before the pass too. Zucc chipped it low, Stepan lifted the defenseman's stick to win the puck battle, shielded the puck behind the net, and made that beautiful pass to McD.

I love the way he's been playing. With a full season he could be be a 15-20 goal 50-60 assist center playing Selke caliber defense. Great play for a 2C if you ask me :sarcasm:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
He did everything properly before the pass too. Zucc chipped it low, Stepan lifted the defenseman's stick to win the puck battle, shielded the puck behind the net, and made that beautiful pass to McD.

I love the way he's been playing. With a full season he could be be a 15-20 goal 50-60 assist center playing Selke caliber defense. Great play for a 2C if you ask me :sarcasm:

Stepan also looked away while passing. Very clever.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

You forgot "Lundpads"

Vickers8

8 shutouts already, 6 wins in a row, the most encouraging aspect I think is McD is starting to bring the offensive game, a real good sign...

AHB*

i dont think Dallas was happy that EDM dragged them into overtime tied 5-5... so i have to disagree

Did Dallas have two basically good goals waved off?

Not to mention a 1-0 game is completely different than a 6-5 game.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
8 shutouts already, 6 wins in a row, the most encouraging aspect I think is McD is starting to bring the offensive game, a real good sign...

Yup! 7 points in his 10 games since coming back.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I happier that McD doesn't seem to be making stupid plays and giving the puck away like he was doing.

I'm still concerned a bit with his skating (like when he got beat by Skinner) but it appears he is slowly rounding into his old form.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Wish Hayes would see some time on the power play, he's proven he's got some stellar vision, and he's so big he could set up on the half wall or near the net with Kreider and be effective either way.

Boyle looked miles better tonight than last night I thought, though he still didn't look stellar.

Can't believe anyone's complaining about the score, especially as though there's anyone to blame but Khudobin. Good teams all have to blow out teams like Carolina because they're good? Pittsburgh is 1-1 against them, both 1 goal games. Tampa just beat them 2-1 earlier this month. The game was not close.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Did Dallas have two basically good goals waved off?

Not to mention a 1-0 game is completely different than a 6-5 game.

Dallas completely fell apart and gave up 4 unanswered goals...

Then Edmonton fell apart and gave up 5 unanswered goals...

talk about a **** show.

I wouldn't want to be an EDM fan for that game (let alone any game, but especially that game)

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
Trade Hank. He lets in softies from garbage teams, but Talbot shuts them out. :sarcasm:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
good win on a 2nd night of a b2b. 6 in a row is a legit streak. west coast trips always help to build chemistry.

like I've said, this defense is very solid. cambot didn't have to make many big time saves. the canes had almost no time and space. if we are healthy, this defense is good enough to win.

we played an efficient game but still need to see more scoring. a guy like vermette goes a looooong way to making us a real contender.

we still have work to do with our top 12 forwards.

av still overplaying the top 5 dmen. its gonna cost us games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad