Confirmed with Link: canes qualify 4 players (boychuk, shugg, sutter, rissannen)

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Nash is the 5th best center on the team pre-free agency. 6th if Lindholm plays C. So why qualify him with a one way deal?

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Didn't think Boychuk was still an RFA. Also why the **** was he qualified?
to play for the checkers

they need grity vetrans on the team or they are going to be very bad like last year.

see drew macintyre's comments before he re-signed.

boychuk is not an nhler but he can score 70 points in the ahl in the right situation. last year they had terrible centers so his numbers weren't great.

i wouldn't be surprised if he went to europe, though. he can probably make more than the 300k or so he'll be making in the AHL.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
They could still sign Nash, wouldn't surprise me if they did on a low cost two way. Like others have said, too many centers to be commiting a decent sized one way to him.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
#flexibility

Ronnie likely has some targets in free agency/trades that he wants to pursue first. It's a higher priority for him. He didn't want to go to arbitration with Nash and get stuck with the outcome. So he rolled the dice. If he loses, no big deal. If he doesn't get his target and Nash is still available, he's an option to explore.

Nothing less, nothing more.

#iknowhockey

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I find it comforting picturing Zach Boychuk sitting on his couch, eating potato chips, watching the Draft, and tweeting random quotes from old movies which have minor connections to what is occurring. It's almost like he is one of us. He seems like the type of guy that would come here anonymously and make jokes about himself.

Wait... Which one of you in Zach Boychuk?

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I find it comforting picturing Zach Boychuk sitting on his couch, eating potato chips, watching the Draft, and tweeting random quotes from old movies which have minor connections to what is occurring. It's almost like he is one of us. He seems like the type of guy that would come here anonymously and make jokes about himself.

Wait... Which one of you in Zach Boychuk?

We are all Zach Boychuk.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I am Zach Boychuk!

maxresdefault.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad