Confirmed with Link: canes qualify 4 players (boychuk, shugg, sutter, rissannen)

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Chris Terry gets a significant (percentage wise) raise and they walk from Nash? I don't get the reasoning here.

Not that I really care about either player.

Assuming Nash isn't replaced, Terry just made the team.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I can't wrap my head around paying Terry $1 million on a one-way deal and then letting Nash walk.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
EStaal, JStaal, Rask, Lindholm, McClement and eventually Ryan and Wallmark down the middle. There's no room for Nash.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Can Nash not still be qualified? I seem to remember some last minute contracts last year or the year before. Bueller? Anybody?

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Section328 posted a couple things about avoiding arbitration. So maybe they don't qualify, then still try to sign him? Or maybe just don't want him no mores.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
I don't understand why they would not have tried to trade Nash at the deadline, if they had no intention of making him an offer. They wouldn't have gotten much, probably, but better than just letting him go for nothing. no?

poobags

8) 8) 8( 8)
Jan 27, 2013
Washington
Chris Terry gets a significant (percentage wise) raise and they walk from Nash? I don't get the reasoning here.

When you sign an RFA don't you have to increase their salary by a certain percentage of their previous salary? I assume that's why Terry got a raise. Saw this recently but can't remember where.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i hope we re-sign nash.

but seeing as francis is the reason that nash came to carolina in the first place, this could be a sign of a refreshing departure from the "jr always get his man" gming we have had over the last 10 years. even if i dont agree with the move, the fact that hed be willing to do it is nice.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
^^IIRC it's 110%, so his qualifying offer would have been about 575k. He's making 875k instead. Terry didn't have to accept the QO, though I don't see why he wouldn't have. Or at least they could have hammered out a one-way for 575k. I just don't see why it's +300k and a one-way. Yeah, it's nitpicking, but weren't the terms on the Sekera deal off by about 500k (granted, that's per year)? These little bits here and there add up.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Terry was an impending Group VI UFA due to being 25+ with with 4+ professional seasons and fewer than 80 NHL games played. He got a one-way at that price likely because they were afraid of him signing elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad