GDT: Canes Prospect Development Camp 2018

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
That or places Dougie Hamilton is found in Raleigh and the surrounding areas. For example: DougieAtTheDPAC, Dougie at the Museum, Dougie at the Carter (Tank Tyler rap song throwback because Dougie knows history).
That would be a really cool cultural cross promotion. They really should latch on to that and see if there is a way around the triangle to poke some fun at Calgary and find some out of the way fans.

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
Yeah I noticed that too. Guessing it's a Dundon thing about branding and advertising the players. I like it

I met Dundon after the draft in the Canes' suite. I had no idea who he was at first. We were invited there after my nephew, Jacob Kucharski, was drafted. He was wearing a Canes hat, t-shirt and shorts, and he also had a backpack fastened to himself.

He introduced himself to my family, and afterward, I was like "He's the owner of the team?" I never would have guessed it unless he said so himself. He seemed like a real down to earth guy.

Last edited:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I met Dundon after the draft in the Canes' suite. I had no idea who he was at first. We were invited there after my nephew, Jacob Kucharski, was drafted. He was wearing a Canes hat, t-shirt and shorts, and he also had a backpack fastened to himself.

He introduced himself to my family, and afterward, I was like "He's the owner of the team?" I never would have guessed it unless he said so himself. He seemed like a real down to earth guy.
Dundon is very much new money. The guys in nhl network actually commented on how ‘cool’ he is because he was going full business casual instead of the usual suit+tie.

Hell, he’s invited people to watch canes game from his personal box.

Reactions: Mike1167

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That's good to see. Svech came in at 6'2", 192lbs at the NHL draft combine and everyone considers him a beast. Necas is now the same height and only 7 lbs less. I will be very surprised if Necas isn't on the NHL squad to start the season, and that was the case even before seeing his height/weight.

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
That's good to see. Svech came in at 6'2", 192lbs at the NHL draft combine and everyone considers him a beast. Necas is now the same height and only 7 lbs less. I will be very surprised if Necas isn't on the NHL squad to start the season, and that was the case even before seeing his height/weight.

Svechnikov, Necas and Hamilton, not to mention Ferland. Wow, should be a totally different dynamic to the Canes this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad