Proposal: Canes-Leafs

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Tor: Pesce, Rask, McKeown

Car: Kadri, Sparks, Carrick

Leafs get their top 4 rd and a 3C to replace Kadri. Canes get a guy that slides in as their #1C, while dealing from their strength (D). TT-Kadri-AHo is a solid top line. It wouldnt be out of the question for both kadri and aho to get 30g/60-65pts while TT also gets 60+ pts. They keep Falk in this scenario and roll Hamilton,Faulk,TVR and Carrick on the right side.

who needs to add if at all?

leafs fans, is this a lineup that can win the cup this year?

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Rask-Kapanen
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown
*Leivo,Gauthier

Rielly-Pesce
Gardiner-Hainsey
Dermott-Zaitsev
*Ozhiganov

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Bad deal for Carolina. Give up best player. Landslide fills all Leafs needs.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Both teams won't like it

Plus, Kadri is going no where. He was probably one of the major draws to get JT to come in the first place.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Bad deal for Carolina. Give up best player. Landslide fills all Leafs needs.

Canes get a C that has back to back 32 goals seasons playing 16 1/2 mins.
give him 18-19mins alongside Aho and TT and he probably gets 35g/65pts

look what ROR just returned if you dont feel a 60pt C is valuable

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Kadri isn't a 1C. Canes need a 1C.

Leafs get their top pairing RHD though so all's good.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Kadri isn't a 1C. Canes need a 1C.

Leafs get their top pairing RHD though so all's good.

wait kadri isnt a 1C bcause he was used as a 2c (even though he would easily be the best C on the canes) but pesce is a top pairing D despite never playing more than faulk,slavin or even hainsey?

you know this is pesce not slavin right? i think you are confused

Reactions: IhateEveryone

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
wait kadri isnt a 1C bcause he was used as a 2c (even though he would easily be the best C on the canes) but pesce is a top pairing D despite never playing more than faulk,slavin or even hainsey?

Bro this post has me dying this is accurate as hell! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Kadri is one of the best shut down centers in the league

Reactions: Halla

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Not confused at all. Pesce can be a top pairing D on a cup winning team. I don’t think Kadri as a number one C would lead a team to the cup.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Not confused at all. Pesce can be a top pairing D on a cup winning team. I don’t think Kadri as a number one C would lead a team to the cup.
g
"can be" but you just said leafs get a top pairing RD....pesce has always been a 2nd pairing guy for the canes.
this is essentially a 2C for a #3D. Anyways forgive me for finding it ridiculous that people keep calling all these 18-20 min guys top pairin dmen yet point out that kadri ISNT a 1C (despite being good in his own end and 9th among C in goals over the past 2 years)

Reactions: IhateEveryone

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
So lets break this trade down.

Kadri for Rask. One of the best 2-way centers in the league with 60-point upside for a way worse player with almost the same caphit.

Carrick for Pesce: a top-6 D for a top-4 D. What.

Sparks for McKeown: Meh. Sparks could be a solid back-up one day, McKeown could be a 4th D at his peak.

Bad trade for the Maple Leafs. Kadri is not moving, but if he was, this trade should be something like Kadri for Pesce+2nd+prospect.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Kadri for Rask. One of the best 2-way centers in the league with 60-point upside for a way worse player with almost the same caphit.

Sparks for McKeown: Meh. Sparks could be a solid back-up one day, McKeown could be a 4th D at his peak.

Bad trade for the Maple Leafs. Kadri is not moving, but if he was, this trade should be something like Kadri for Pesce+2nd+prospect.

What?

Pesce > Kadri
Rask > Carrick
McKeown = Sparks at worst.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

top 6 for top 4?

Carrick was the #7 dman on the leafs. Pesce was the #3 dman on the canes. He is more of an upgrade on carrick than Kadri is on Rask.

Also you are underselling rask a bit. 17g/41pts in 78 games average over the past 3 years. he would basically replace bozak, and he is only 25

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
top 6 for top 4?

Carrick was the #7 dman on the leafs. Pesce was the #3 dman on the canes. He is more of an upgrade on carrick than Kadri is on Rask.

Also you are underselling rask a bit. 17g/41pts in 78 games average over the past 3 years. he would basically replace bozak, and he is only 25

So #7 D for #3 D. Even worse for the Canes. Rask has some upside, but he's nowhere as good as Kadri. I doubt he'll ever be.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Pesce is certainly not a better player than Kadri, but he's the clear second best in this trade. If this is what he would cost I would rather do Faulk for Gardiner+ or whatever it would take.

Pass.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Kadri won't be moved (and I think he has some sort of NTC?) but kudos to the OP for at least making a deal that isn't blatantly unfair toward his own team and takes into account both teams needs.

My view as a fan of both teams (Canes 1st, Leafs 2nd):

Kadri > Pesce (main pieces in the deal)
Rask > Carrick
McKeown > Sparks (particularly when you consider waiver eligibility)

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
The Canes aren't looking to move Pesce and it would require an overpayment that solved all their problems to even listen to offers.

Pesce for Nylander maybe. Kadri isn't a 1C on a contending team.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The Canes aren't looking to move Pesce and it would require an overpayment that solved all their problems to even listen to offers.

Pesce for Nylander maybe. Kadri isn't a 1C on a contending team.

And pesce isn't a #1D on a contending team.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
top 6 for top 4?

Pesce is a top pairing, shut-down RHD. If your premise is he's a 2nd pairing guy, your premise is wrong.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad