GDT: Canes gonna bust da Caps in da ass

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
You pay way too much attention to some pretty obvious frustration posts.

Edit: I posted a few more in other threads that you two can get all catty with tomorrow.

Hey man, saying Slavin isn't motivated because he got paid is literally the most incorrect take ever, because it's very clear that Slavin's motivation is 100% pure Jesus.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
hey *******, i take pride in getting called out for posting dumb things
We did this back in our high school (equivalent) Finnish classes when essay writing. Our teacher was in habit of publicising critical mistakes and bad phrases from the essays for all to see when returning them to us, and it fairly soon came a matter of honor to make it on the #blacklist.

It was supposed to be anonymous, but the culprit whooping kind of ruined it.

School teaches important life skills.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Here’s an idea, if you don’t want to be called out for thinking dumb things, don’t post those dumb things on a message board for all to see.

Speaking for myself, I get as much entertainment from the ridiculousness of this board; the likes, the "hot takes", and arguments, than the reasonable and observational posts like, "prospects take time" and "pucks hit posts."

Speaking of high school, I have no idea how to use colons.

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Speaking for myself, I get as much entertainment from the ridiculousness of this board; the likes, the "hot takes", and arguments, than the reasonable and observational posts like, "prospects take time" and "pucks hit posts."

I have no idea how to use colons.

most people's just work automatically, i thought

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

I have no idea how to use colons.

So you prefer a Skip Bayless personality within the confines of the board? Nothing wrong with that, but the whole premise of a hot taek back and forth is the straight man telling you to stop being stupid. The Dan Akroyd or the Nitz from Underclassmen.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
So you prefer a Skip Bayless personality within the confines of the board? Nothing wrong with that, but the whole premise of a hot taek back and forth is the straight man telling you to stop being stupid. The Dan Akroyd or the Nitz from Underclassmen.

100% correct. I'll try and do better next time.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I find it hard to say that was a clunker game from Ward. 1st goal, 2-1 no chance. 2nd goal the D let the guy walk right in and he shot it where every coach from mites on up tell guys to shoot because it's one of the toughest to stop, just over the pad on the blocker side. 3rd goal, yeah, he recovered poorly on the wonky rebound off the wall so didn't play it well, but his defensemen let Orlov waltz right in. Ovi's game tying goal? No chance. OT looked soft, but let's not kid ourselves, that was the best sniper in the NHL shooting on him.

I've never been a Ward fanboy and am by no means saying he played great last night, but at least 3 of those he had little to no chance on.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC

Speaking of high school, I have no idea how to use colons.
Agreed and the intense proselytizing is indeed entertaining. But seriously, prospects take time? Next you'll be saying D-men take longer to develop. ;)

As for colons, they are best used as overweight starting pitchers with a self life into the mid-40's.

Last edited:

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I find it hard to say that was a clunker game from Ward. 1st goal, 2-1 no chance. 2nd goal the D let the guy walk right in and he shot it where every coach from mites on up tell guys to shoot because it's one of the toughest to stop, just over the pad on the blocker side. 3rd goal, yeah, he recovered poorly on the wonky rebound off the wall so didn't play it well, but his defensemen let Orlov waltz right in. Ovi's game tying goal? No chance. OT looked soft, but let's not kid ourselves, that was the best sniper in the NHL shooting on him.

I've never been a Ward fanboy and am by no means saying he played great last night, but at least 3 of those he had little to no chance on.

100%... I'll be the first to hot take Ward, but goal tending was far from their issue last night. The Defense was all over the place, and the shear volume of turnovers is cringe worthy. Bill said he wasn't happy with the effort in practice, I think that's a clue that they looked like hot garbage. They pulled a point off because of some very key saves by Ward, and offense from unusuals like Rask. The goal post was the first star anyway. Ward is stealing points for them right now... let's save the complaints for Darling. Unless Ward has an 8-1 game or something. :sarcasm:

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

That Orlov goal is becoming a bit of a trend, almost as if when a guy enters the zone with a ton of speed, no one can decide who should take him so you get some half assed stick checks while they fly by. Happened a shitload against TOR.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
For as good as our defense gets praised to be, they sure get worked quite often. I think we've all noticed that it's been a problem since game one. I don't harp on the goaltending quite as much as you guys do because you see almost one or two goals a game where there is a blown assignment, an errant pass, or just general bad positioning that leads to an exceptional chance or more likely a goal. For a supposed strength our defense needs to tighten up.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
That Orlov goal is becoming a bit of a trend, almost as if when a guy enters the zone with a ton of speed, no one can decide who should take him so you get some half assed stick checks while they fly by. Happened a ****load against TOR.

You're definitely onto something there as I kind of said the same thing after that goal last night.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That Orlov goal is becoming a bit of a trend, almost as if when a guy enters the zone with a ton of speed, no one can decide who should take him so you get some half assed stick checks while they fly by. Happened a ****load against TOR.

I'll have to watch the pay again. Not saying the D doesn't have some culpability here, but the key is for the forwards to not let a guy get a head of steam and easily into the zone like that in the first place. That's probably the hardest thing for a defenseman to defend is when he's dropping back in his zone with little momentum to stop a guy (especially one without the puck) from getting an advantage when he's coming in with more speed. You are kind of stuck in no mans land a bit given the positioning and momentum. Pesce kind of slacked off after the shot but even if Pesce turned right away, he probably wasn't going to beat Orlov to the puck because Orlov had all the momentum (and hitting him would have been clear interference).

Our defensemen play much better when they can engage in the neutral zone and skate with the player using their speed, sticks and body to separate the guy from the puck. Forwards have to stop Orlov in that situation and not even let him get to through the first level so easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad