Confirmed with Link: Canes get Jurko for Pu... kinda

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't really get this whole thing. They move Skinner for Pu basically and then move him for a 26 year old 4th liner?
He's better than a 4th liner in Charlotte, and that's what they got him for. Charlotte has a very legit chance for the Calder Cup, and teams value that kind of run for their prospects. It sucks, but maybe they just don't think what they've seen from Pu will ever translate.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
He's better than a 4th liner in Charlotte, and that's what they got him for. Charlotte has a very legit chance for the Calder Cup, and teams value that kind of run for their prospects. It sucks, but maybe they just don't think what they've seen from Pu will ever translate.

I guess the question is then why trade for him 6 months ago if you don't like what you see. Seems like they just wanted to get rid of Skinner for whatever they could get.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I guess the question is then why trade for him 6 months ago if you don't like what you see. Seems like they just wanted to get rid of Skinner for whatever they could get.
I never thought it was anything but. It was the team cutting Skinner in a way that didn't saddle us with a cap hit.

And... given the way the team has played this year, they may have been onto something.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
He looked good in junior, but then not in pro? Seems that easy. They were in a tough spot for the Skinner trade for a number of reasons and got what they could. It wasn't the greatest return, but it is what it is, and we've moved on well.

Reactions: AeroFishOne

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Same reason you insist on Ferland in being the Calgary deal even though you think you won't be able to re-sign him if he's the type of player you hoped you'd be trading for. Because... reasons.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad